Chapter 2: Young Autumn Love.

"Tatsuya!! Tatsuya!!" A small (h/c)-haired girl called, chasing a taller boy "please wait for me!!"

The boy had black hair and thin eyes like his mother's. He kept walking away from the girl, not even sparing a glance at her.

"Brother!!" The girl yelled, about to cry.

Tatsuya stopped walking. The girl used this opportunity to catch up to him.

"Tatsuya, please, talk to me! What did I do wrong?!" She sniffled, clinging onto the sleeve of his dark blue yukata "brother, answer me, please!! Brot--"

"I'm not your brother anymore." He coldly said, throwing the (e/c)-eyed girl against the wall. She yelped, crying.

"I never wanted this!!" She managed to say through tears and heavy breaths "I never asked to be The Wise Saint!!"

"And I never asked for you to be born..." Tatsuya gritted his teeth, walking away again "leave me alone..(y/n)."

I was woken up by Kirigaya asking for food. I groaned, sitting up and checking the time on my pocket watch.

8:30 am

"Just five more minutes." I buried myself inside the futon.

"I want to eat something!" Kirigaya whined, pushing the cover off me.

"Alright, alright, I'm up!" I screeched, kicking my legs.

We made our bags and ordered the room, then we went to the reception to leave our key, but the receptionist wasn't there.

"Excuse me!" I called "I came to leave my room key!"

No one answered.

"I will leave it in the counter!" I said to no one, leaving the key and walking out "thank you for your hospitality!"

That morning was slightly cold. Only slightly. People were opening their shops and others were probably still sleeping.

"Good morning, Tanjiro!" Someone said. She was the hotel receptionist.

"Morning, Miss Watanabe!" A boy replied happily. He was moving a cart with 2 big loads of coal and two children.

"Selling your coal early, I see." Miss Watanabe said.

"Yes, ma'am." Tanjiro nodded.

"I wil buy some, let me get my money bag.." the receptionist went back inside her hotel, but she stopped when she saw me "oh! Good morning."

"Good morning; I left the room key in the counter and I signed myself off!" I bowed, smiling warmly "thank you for your hospitality."

"What a formal little lady.." Miss Watanabe rested a hand at a side of her face "be careful, both of you."

"Thank you, ma'am, we will." Kirigaya and I bowed and waved the woman goodbye.

As we walked away from the hotel, I saw Coal Boy staring at me intensely.
Did he recognized me?

No, I don't think so.

I don't remember his face.

"I wanna eat!" Kirigaya pouted, tugging on my kimono.

"Okay, I get it!" I groan "let's get some mochis."

"Wait!" A male voice called.
I turned around, seeing the coal kid running at me while still moving around his cart.
When he finally reached me, he stopped his cart abruptly.

"Niichan, be careful!" One of the kids on the cart protested.

"May I help you?" I ask politely. Coal Kid stammered and fidgeted a bit before composing himself again.