Chapter 33: The Price of Victory.

The scent of peach blossoms predominated the wonderous field, soft notes of jasmin flowers sneaking in as well, producing a symphony pleasant to the nose.

Zenitsu was never this happy. Or as far as he could remember, he had never experienced such amount of joy in his life.

He gleefuly made jasmin crowns for you, as well as other accessories made with said flowers.

In between the light breeze, whispers made themselves known.

At least to Zenitsu.

"Wake up.."

"Did you say something, (n/n)-chan?" The blond boy hummed, turning his head at the (h/c)ette next to him, who looked up from the peach in her hands and gave Zenitsu a confused look.
The aforementioned male decided to shrug it off, clearing his throat bashfully.
"I-it was nothing, don't worry.."

"Wake up.."

There it was again.

Zenitsu looked at you again, yet you seemed unaware of whatever troubled the boy in yellow haori.

That voice sounded exactly like you, but troubled and..in pain.

Something wasn't right.

Now Zenitsu couldn't keep on being tranquil and carefree. This uneasy feeling began to itch him little by little, like spiders crawling up his throat-and he knew how it felt, so of course he could depict his wariness in such a way.

"You" kept being oblivious to Zenitsu's discomfort, instead you were focused on the flower crowns as you hummed a tune to yourself.

It was until Zenitsu suddenly found himself surrounded by reddish pink flames and a very familiar voice echoing from afar yet it seemed so close.

"--ly tunic!"

Before Zenitsu could react or even reach out to you, he found himself in a new place.

It was the train wagon.

"Nezuko! It worked!" Your voice said with joy and relief, Zenitsu adjusting his eyes to the new environment. His head ached and felt like it spun, probably because he was brought out of the dream so abruptly.

The brown-eyed boy felt himself being embraced by Nezuko and you, hugging back and adding a few back pats.

"I'm sorry I worried you two." Zenitsu smiled sidedly, sighing softly.

You broke the hug not long after, looking at Zenitsu.
"Are you alright? Was the dream strange in some way? Did you saw a kid?"

"Huh?" Zenitsu blinked, perplexed.

"Here, so you can tie the kids together once I break Kyō-kun and the others free from the demon's technique." You said as you handed Zenitsu your sash, said boy looking at the piece of cloth perplexed.
"I think the demon was planning to kill you in your dreams by using these children, reason to why I asked you if you saw this kid in your dream."

"Wait, (y/n)-chan, give me a moment to process all this..." Zenitsu sighed in a small whine, holding his head with one hand and eyes closed.
"I feel like my head is spinning..I'm even about to throw up..."

"Have some medicine." You said, showing a pill inside Zenitsu's mouth, said boy quickly swallowing the small medicinal item. He gagged softly, waiting for the pill to make its effect.
Of course, you didn't let him do so.
"We don't have any time to waste now that we know this works. We gotta wake up everyone else."