Chapter 3: Blood, Snow, and gods.

[Just a little heads up, I DID NOT put anything referred to any religion, so please, if you think I am mocking any of your religious beliefs, please read not. I am a Christian so I make sure to never involve religion into this kind of stuff.
Aside from that, enjoy!]

"Where is Mother?" A (e/c)-eyed girl asked the maid in her room.

"Hanayo-sama left early in the morning to do some tasks at Shibuya." The maid replied.

"Again? Wasn't she home yesterday?" The girl replied before sighing.

"Indeed she was, but left a few hours later." The maid replied again.

Hanayo (daughter) waved the maid away, looking at her window with disappointed eyes.
"I want black tea and cookies before the next wisdom-seekers arrive."

"Yes, Hanayo-dono."

As soon as the maid left, Hanayo ran to her window and looked at the sky with hopeful eyes.

"A letter arrived! A letter arrived!" A crow said loudly, setting on the girl's windowsill "a letter arrived thanks to this majestic crow!!"

The (h/c)-haired girl stuffed bread into the crow's mouth, hoping no one heard the crow.
"Shhhhhh! You don't have to be so loud!"

She rapidy opened the letter with care.

Dear Hanayo:
I am at Edo today! I know you aren't allowed to go outside, so I sent you photographies! I am in some of the photos so you can see me! I also bought you a wysteria necklace because it reminded me of you.
I miss you every single day, Wysteria Flower. The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that someday fate will let us meet each other. Many kids laugh at me, saying you aren't real. I know you are! You're a dream come true to me.
I will patiently wait for your letter, Hanayo.

-Agatsuma

Hanayo sighed lovingly and giggled cutely, looking at the pictures. Agatsuma was always smiling in all the photographs he would send her. She then took the necklace out of the letter and put it on herself. Hanayo hid the necklace with her clothes as best as she could and then hid the letter and photos under her bed. She then went to her desk with a feather pen, ink, and paper.

It's been 2 months since Tanjiro and his family let me live with them. I help around the house, cleaning it and doing laundry. Sometimes I make dinner, but only sometimes.
Hanako, Shigeru, Takeo, and Nezuko like it when I read them the stories and books I have. They love to learn new things.
I also used the money I had to buy everyone better clothes and get better stuff that could help around the house.

Tanjiro and I got closer this 2 months. We are more awkward than usual, but we like each other's company. We have this routine where thrice a week Tanjiro and I go to town together and while he sells coal, I go get supper. Kirigaya sometimes accompanies us because he likes to race against Tanjiro to see who gets to the bottom of the mountain faster.
Of course, Tanjiro wins.

Thanks to living in a mountain, I've gotten stronger. I can endure long walks, run for longer times, and even climb (despite Tanjiro's and Kei's scolding me that I shouldn't do that).

Tanjiro was right. I made the right choice staying here.
I felt so at home. It is such a peaceful and happy way of living. I enjoyed and loved every second I spent with the Kamado family, and Kirigaya seems to love it, too.

Today, Kirigaya, Tanjiro, and I went to town. Tanjiro went to sell coal while I looked for the ingredients for tomorro's dinner. Kirigaya helped Tanjiro around with smaller loads of coal that Kirigaya himself loaded in his own basket.