Chapter 9: Demons In Asakusa.

"Muzan?" You gasped, standing up and grabbing Tanjiro by his shoulders "at least you're okay! What happened??"

"I was about to catch him but...he turned an innocent man into a demon.." Tanjiro fisted his hands, clenching his teeth "to believe he would use such lowly and cowardly tricks..!!"

"What happened to the demon man?" You asked. He shook his head as an 'I don't know' gesture.

"There were this other two demons, a woman and a guy, they helped me escape some uniformed men and I think the demons are taking care of the injured man."

You looked at Udon-san and hugged him before bowing.
"I am so glad I finally rejoined with you. I have to take my leave and work."

"You're still the same child with mouth of a grown-up!" He lauhged, patting your back and looking at Tanjiro "make sure to keep her safe, ya hear?! And make sure she writes me a letter at least every week!"

"Yessir! Thanks for the food!" Tanjiro waved farewell as you two walked away from the udon shop owner.

"Where to now?" You asked. Before Tanjiro could answer, a green and grey-haired boy stood in your way. It alerted you.
Tanjiro protectively placed one hand over his sword's handle and his other arm in front of you protectively.

The stranger looked at you. He blushed lightly before clearing his throat and pointing at you.

"You.."

"Yes?" You asked politely, smiling lightly. He jolted and stammered a bit before talking.

"You're an eyesore."

You widened your eyes and then glared at him angrily.

"How rude! Well, you're not appeasing to the eye, either."

You were accustomed to being fawned over all the time. You were the representation of elegance, beauty, and graciousness, but--oh well, there's always a first time for everything, right?

"Listen here!! (y/n) is not an eyesore!!" Tanjiro fumed "she is a goddess on Earth!! A rose in a field of dead grass!! The representation of elegance, beauty, and graciousness!!"

See?

"Yeah, I'm well aware of her and her name;" the boy cringed "this is her hometown, after all."

"Well, disgrace-to-the-eye, what do you need us for?" You crossed your arms.

"Follow me, and put this on, your highness." He said, giving you a paper with a strange symbol in it. You looked at him, quizzically "you want to be unseen or not?"

With a scoff, you placed the seal in your forehead. It disappeared.

"Now can you two follow me?" He began walking away and you followed him. Tanjiro walked beside you, still yelling at the stranger.

"--(y/n)'s eyes are jewels of compassion and tenderness!!" Tanjiro said, holding your face "her eyes even hold galaxies in them!! Let's go to a more illuminated place and you'll see!!"

"Can we please stop? This is the 49th reason you've given.." the boy sighed in annoyance while opening a door "I'm back."

"Sorry to intrude." You bowed, taking off your shoes. Your gaze fell upon a woman with a white doctor robe. Her face seemed rather familiar "Miss Tamayo?"

"(Y/n)? So the rumors were true!" She said, getting up and holding your face dearly "where is Kirigaya??"

"He's somewhere safe and away from this demon mess." You replied "And rumors? Does my mother also know?"