Chapter 16: Oyokata-sama.

"I was a simple peasant who survived thanks to hard work and sleepless nights. I always dreamt of designing clothes worthy of a god, but..well..peasants don't seem to be allowed to dream that big.
Or dream at all.

Just like you, my daughter, I had a sharp intuition and I saw myself as a more superior person. As if I was supposed to be standing somewhere higher.

And I did.

One day, when I was on my way to ask the god of rice for a good year, some monks were discussing issues regarding a shortage in food.
I intervened, making those men look like fools.

Time passed.
I became a priestess not long after.

I quit helping those people and decided to create my own cult.
The Wisdom Saint cult.
I was the Wise Saint, leader of the cult.

I held the knowledge and answer for every question and problem. No man could ever think of something without me already being two steps ahead.

On a autumn night, during my nightly praying session, I had a revelation from the gods:

A child, who was sent by the gods, would be born from me.
They said that said child would not cry once born, but it would bless the earth and bloom (f/flower)s around it.

Joy overtook me.

After all the shame I've been through, the gods would bless me like no other.

I married that man who lives in our house now, who gave birth to a kid who, although would later become a strong and smart boy, he wasn't you. He wasn't the child I was waiting for.

When you were born, said flowers grew all around the house. Crickets sang loudly and there was nothing but peace.

You were indeed blessed by the gods.
You were intelligent, diligent, well-mannered, and, of course, had a stronger connection to the shinto gods and buddha itself more than any monk or priest that has ever been on this land!"

*Unaudible*

"Sister? You never had a sister. That woman is nothing but a blasphemy to this world and a shame to our family's name!"

*Unaudible*

Oh! Your brother!
He will become a samurai...or whatever that scum of a man that you shalln't call "father" can make him.
I have no interest on that man nor your brother. You're the one the gods sent to enlight this fools that cannot understand how this world works in the slightest."

"There's no need to put him on a trial!" A man claimed with a strong voice "protecting a demon is against the rules! Let's have him executed right now!"

I opened my eyes, an emotionless expression drawn on my face.
"Alas...I distracted myself again."

"Just you see;" a tall man with tied up hair said, nearly posing "I shall kill this boy flamboyantly!!"

"His girlfriend will surely grieve for many years if he dies! How sad!" A pink-haired girl said sadly, gasping even.

"What will we do to the girl over there? The one with the kid?" A guy spoke. He was resting over a tree branch, as if he was a snake. He even had a snake slithered around his shoulders.
"She allows her little brother to be part of a deadly organisation such as this one...luckily the kid is still alive, but not many are as lucky as him. She should be punished as well."

"Poor child..so young and so innocent..he doesn't understand this world at all. I feel sorry for him." A tall, sturdy man said, tears streaming from his blank eyes.
"Namu, Amida, Butsu."