Chapter 13: Merciful.

His soft yet daring lips brushed against mine, engulfing me in emotions both of non-sinning excitement (we shall state it as 'joy' or 'happiness') and of anger.

I was confused. My mind could not decide upon one single thing or action.

Why did I said something not?

Why did I moved not?

Why do I yearn for love, even when I already have it?

Is this the sin of lust?

Of greed?

The horror behind the seemingly-innocent façade that love hides?

Love was like fire, indeed.
It can be a warm and wonderful embrace, a hot, passionate, and drunking flame...

Or a scorching, dangerous pain that no person should ever mess with.

Oy gevalt! It seems I have been swallowed by the raging, evil flames of love.
A love long forgotten and now seen as a mere child dream. A fantasious tale.

Perhaps that is why I felt at least and oh so light glint of happiness when I finally shared a romantic moment with the boy I fell in love once with.

"Thanks for accepting the selfish request of wicked, envious me.." Zenitsu breathed out, locking his brimmed love gaze with mine. His blush was not so distinguishable.

He caressed the sides of my face dearly, running his thumbs against my skin as if he was a fallen petal seeking embrace on the soft grass beneath "does it mean that, after all this years, your heart still thrived for me?"

Why is my mind in such a daze?!

Why do I feel such joy when I hear his words?!

Do I...still love him??

I-I can't!!
I already have Tanjiro!!
W-we are engaged already!!

"Don't mind my words;" Zenitsu smiled sadly and sighed "I...I got too carried away saying that, so don't mind."

I was still in quite a shock, so all I could do was nod. I was lightly quivering and my face was still tinted with bashfulness, which made Zenitsu giggle a tad bit.

"You're making it real difficult for me to not love you, you know?" He faked sadness in a comical manner "you're so beautiful and perfect all the time, how can I not fall in love with you?"

I finally regained my senses and cleared my throat. I tried to look serious, but, Alas! my blush was still quite noticeable.

"M-my best regards to you in your new life.." I said "it all has been forgotten and forgiven--but it's only because of my mercy as the Wise Saint."

"Yaaaaaaaaay, (y/n)-chan forgives meeee!!!" Zenitsu cheered jovially as he carried me on his back and ran out of the room "(y/n)-chan and I are friends again!!!"

"Zenitsu!! Stop this at once!!!" I protested, but he was too lost in his own thoughts to even care.
"Zenitsu!!"

Zenitsu ran on and about, giggling and blushing. No one cared about my pleas to stop Zenitsu, instead it made Inosuke and Kirigaya run around the house, too.
Well, there was one person who did tried to halt the blond boy's actions.

"Zenitsu, put her down!!" Tanjiro exclaimed, running after us. He seemed quite bothered "(y/n) is still injured, remember?!"