Chapter 10: The Mansion and The Boarhead.

The sun rose, gleaming brightly against the small kid's back. A small kid with that mischievous and sweet smile so common of him.

"Hi, Hayo! Hi, Tanjiro!" Kirigaya waved happily, putting his sword back in its place.

"Why aren't you with Kasane?!" I asked worriedly, crouching in front of the blackette.

"The followers went from house to house back at Kasane's and she allowed me to become a demon slayer;" Kirigaya took an envelope out of his haori and handed it to me "here, see?"

"Okay, I believe you, I'll read it later.." I sighed, grabbing the envelope and placing it inside my haori.

"We killed the upper moon demons before collecting the blood!!" Tanjiro exclaimed.

Oh no.

I forgot about it!

"Those weren't upper moons;" Tamayo said from inside the house.
I forgot demons cannot stand the sun "upper moons have their numbers engraved in their eye, and those two demons were too weak."

"I see.." I held Kirigaya's hand "we failed, nonetheless."

"You will encounter more demons as you move on;" Tamayo said "and speaking of moving on.."

Tamayo motioned her hand at us, signalling to follow her and Yushiro.
We arrived to a basement, where Nezuko was taking shelter from the sun.
As soon as Nezuko saw Tanjiro, Kirigaya, and me, she wasted no time to engulf us in a warm hug.
Nezuko also patted Kirigaya, humming happily before waltzing towards Tamayo and Yushiro to also hug them.

Or at least try to hug Yushiro.

"Why is Nezuko wearing that? Is she a demon?" Kirigaya asked me.

"Sadly, she is." I replied sadly, Tanjiro followed.

"But she will get better soon! And she doesn't eat people!"

"I can work on a cure!" Kirigaya beamed "or make something that gives her the ability withstand the sun!"

"Tamayo is already working on it;" I crouched to the kid's level "and it's very hard to find a cure for something like thi--"

"I would need samples from whom or what caused Nezuko to become a demon and I'll also need blood from Nezuko, then I will search for ingredients that can temporarily wear off or completely nullify the 'illness'." Kirigaya shrugged "It's like making medicine for a cold."

"Aren't you a dedicated little man;" Tamayo ruffled Kirigaya's hair "you would be of great help for me."

"I beg your pardon?" I said with surprise.

"Now that Muzan has found us, Yushiro and I will have to leave to a safer place;" Tamayo explained "though I cannot guarantee that Nezuko and Kirigaya will be 100% safe, it will surely be better than having them on the battlefield."

"Nezuko, too??" Tanjiro also said with surprise.
Yushiro was shaking his head in great disapproval towards Tamayo's words.

"I'll stay with Hayo and Tanjiro." Kirigaya held my hand and Tanjiro's, looking at Tamayo with a firm gaze "I know I'm still too young and I know I'm not as good with a sword as Tanjiro or Hayo, but I am strong and reliable enough to be allowed to use a sword! If strangers can trust me with their all, I'm sure Hayo and Tanjiro trust me more than anyone else!"

Nezuko hummed, holding Tanjiro's free hand.

"Looks like it's been decided." Tanjiro smiled at me.

"Indeed." I carried Kirigaya on my back "You still have a way with words, Kiri."
Kirigaya giggled.

"(Y/n).." Yushiro called.
I turned around and looked at him.
He jolted lightly and blushed, looking away.
"Y-you're quite a beauty."