Chapter 31: Amongst The Sleep.

As I descended softly to the ground with the help of my sash, I jumped forward and upwards once again.
I was beginning to grow tired of running for so long, so I opted to take big leaps. Literally.
Besides, the fresh and nightly wind helped me stay awake.

I was scared.

I didn't wanted Kyōjuro to die.
I couldn't lose him so soon!
I may have met him in such a short time, but he has come to mean a lot to me. I have come to love him.

Maybe Tanjiro felt the same thing about me..

This is such a dangerous job, after all--

No!! I can't think like this anymore!

I left him for a reason! I won't be wasting tears, time, or feelings on him!

I groaned tiringly, shaking my head before carefully landing on ground and running.
I clasped my hands together.

"Please do enlighten mine path and give me strength, o' gods.." I prayed, still running.
(F/flowers) began to bloom next to the rails, to which I let out a breathy laugh and ran faster.
"You never cease to impress me."

For hours on end, I kept running and gliding the skies momentarily, following the flower trail that would lead me to Kyōjuro.

I ran past 3 train stations, leaving the third one with great exhaustion.
My legs ached, beginning to cramp and slowing my movements. Not even leaping and gliding could help ease or ignore the pain any longer. My vision blurred and my breathing was nothing but heavy exhales that tiringly escaped my mouth.
The sun was in the middle of the sky, therefore announcing noon or perhaps afternoon.

Despite being a month of cold, this September day was a very sunny and warm one.

I think it was during this time that I ran away from home, actually. Perhaps the last weeks of August, since Autumn was barely coming in.

Rest...

I let out a shaky, breathy scoff, jogging as fast as my sprained legs allowed me to.

"I'm not resting until I am at Kyōjuro's side..!" I spoke in a trembling tone.

Rest..

I am fine!

I can still hold on!

If I stop now, he might die!!

I kept moving, now pathetically limping my way next to the train track.

As I checked my pocket watch, did I realized I "walked" for an hour and a half and sadly made little to no progress.

Just how slow have I been walking?!

Nevermind that. At least I'm nearing Kyōjuro. Way slower than before, but I'm nearing him.

"I have...to reach him.." I spoke through ragged breaths, wobbly swaying my steps as my consciousness began to slip away.

I sighed in tiredness and exasperation.
I just woke up from food poisoning and now I'll fall unconscious once again.

Ah...I'm truly cynical, am I not?

"AH!" I shouted, sitting up in a swift move.
I looked around, seeing nothing but bushes, trees, and darkness.