Chapter 15: A Goddess On Earth.

"Kill all demons for (y/n)'s sake!! Kill all demons for (y/n)'s sake!!" Zenitsu chanted proudly, marching around the mountain "don't worry, (y/n)-chan, no demon will harm you!! I'll protect you!!"

The eerie and unsettling sounds of crawling bugs terrified him to the core, but he wasn't willing to stop and cry.
He swore he would protect you! He wasn't going to lie to you! Ever!

Well, maybe later on, but this was a serious situation!

You gave him a good luck charm and, with just that, even if it wasn't your lips on his hand, he was content. He was more than satisfied.
No one gets to even cross gazes with a deity, that was for sure.

Zenitsu stopped running around and closed his eyes, concentrating as hard as he could. He only heard demon-like rustlings all over the place, some spiders, and...
He suddenly opened his eyes, determined and unfaltering.
"Found one!!"

It took him not long enough to find the demon.
Or, well, the place where the demon resided. A rundown shack that dangled from spiderwebs.
Demon slaying members were also hanging from spiderwebs. Some were bald, others had no limbs. Those with no luck were human heads with spider bodies.

Zenitsu trembled with fear.
Was he going to end up like that, too?!

'This is for (y/n)-chan!!' The blond shook his head, tossing aside his fear and clutching his fists tightly 'this is for her!! What kind of guy would I be if I run away now?!'

Zenitsu kept his calm composure and glared at the house.
"Oi, I know you're there. Get out already."

If the blond was scared before, now he was terrified.
The demon crawled out of the house.
It had the body of a spider and the head of a human..or a demon. Yeah, a demon.

"You sure have some guts, kid.." the spider demon cackled "but it's already too late for you."

"Why do you say that?" Zenitsu's eyes widened lightly.

"Have you checked your hands?" The demon kept laughing.
Zenitsu, puzzled looked at his hands.

"There's nothing."

The spider demon stopped laughing, now looking at Zenitsu's hands with disbelief.
The demon was sure that he stung Zenitsu, but..how could he remain unscathed?

"(Y/n)-chan's good luck charm..!" Zenitsu blushed, eyes wide.
He wanted a kiss, but ended up getting immunity against demons.

Oh, well.

"(Y/n)? That stupid 'I am god' brat?" The demon clenched his teeth "she's here?!"

The demon couldn't even react.
All he saw was that everything moved and rolled quickly.

"Don't you dare insult her;" Zenitsu said in a dark tone, lightly growling as he sheated his sword once again "you're not even allowed to say her name."

The demon, angered to no end, couldn't bear the fact that he, a strong, powerful demon, was killed so easily by an infatuated, bratty guy.

"Well, you're surely never making that mistake again.." Zenitsu walked away, paying attention to his surroundings as much as possible.
"Now, where's the other demon?"

You were walking beside Rui, admiring the forest. Rui and you exchanged a couple of sentences and words.

"I will make sure that no demon slayer member harms you or your family." You smiled kindly at Rui, who oh so dimly smiled back with a blush.
The gods kept telling you to escape from the demon, but you ignored them. You already knew he was a demon, no need to keep reminding you.