𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘯 𝘈𝘪𝘳 𝘛𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦

{the western air temple}

hana jumped from the rope to the ground, careful not to hurt herself. she studied the stunning view and architecture. as she looked around she noticed a female air nomad carved into the stone.

zuko decided on the western air temple. aang would go somewhere safe, somewhere untouched, and somewhere he could keep appa and his friends, it was no easy task to find somewhere that did it all so easily.

hana sighed as she turned her attention to zuko. he stared out into the view as if he were in some state of déjà vu. when he snapped out of it he groaned and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"you okay?" she questioned.

before he could answer they heard a growl and saw appa flying through the air. they immediately went for cover, trying not to get spotted. when they realized he was gone they ran off. they needed to clear the area and figure out what they needed to say to get into the avatar's good graces.

they finally got to the forested area where they had originally landed. hana sat in a shady area, wanting to cool off. she watched as zuko practice his speech to a badger-frog.

"hello," he raised his arm. "zuko here. but i guess" he rubbed his head. "you probably already know me... sort of. uh...so, the thing is. i have a lot of firebending experience, and i'm considered to be pretty good at it, " a friendly smile appeared on his face. "well, you've seen me... you know, when i was attacking you?"

hana bit her lip, not wanting to laugh at him. she didn't want to be mean to him, he was trying to improve, he was trying to be kind.

"uh, yeah... i guess," he placed his hand on his head embarrassed. "i should apologize for that. but anyway," he waved his arm, dismissing it all.

hana raised her eyebrows at him and smiled, this was truly an interesting sight.

he placed a hand on his chest, "i'm good now. i mean, i thought i was good before, but now i realize i was bad." he slouched, uncomfortable, "ugh, but anyway... i think it's time i joined your group and taught..." he straightened his body, "the avatar firebending."

he stared at the badger-frog, wanting an answer he was never going to get. it only croaked in response, it was a bust.

zuko was fed up with this, it seems the stress of it all had been getting to him, "well, what's your answer?"

it only croaked and hopped onto his head and then jumped off, it was going back to its family.

"yeah... that's what i'd say too...." his hand went to his head trying to figure this out, "how am i supposed to convince these people i'm on their side? what would uncle do?"

she looked at zuko who was within deep thought. hana's smile faded, she felt bad but perhaps she could be of assistance, "you know, i'm not in the worst position with them."