An Innocent Baby

"So, why were you in the middle of nowhere? Its 6am" Draco had been in this car for about 5 minutes and the car had only moved slightly.

"Oh, I went to a party" Draco replied keeping his eyes glued to the car window.

"How was it?"

"It was..." Draco struggled to find words "it wasn't anything I've ever experienced"

Draco suddenly felt a pounding in his head as he remembered his hangover. The man must of noticed because he pulled out a bottle of pills. Draco looked skeptical for a moment.

"I usually have a drink or two before driving to work. I always have medicine in my car to soothe my hangovers."

Draco took the medicine out of the bottle and put it in his mouth.

"Sorry, I don't have any water with me right now. I wasn't expecting to have a hungover teenager asking for a lift" The man laughed but Draco didn't find anything amusing about the situation.

The man cleared his throat and placed a hand on Draco's thigh. "Feeling any better?"

Draco looked at the man's hand in his thigh. He felt uncomfortable with it there. He only ever let Blaise touch his leg when they were driving. Not a random bloke who just so happened to pull over for a him.

"Yes" Draco replied.

The man smiled audibly and continued to drive however be never removed his hand on Draco's thigh.

"Do you have a wife?" Draco spat out.

The man seemed shocked by the boys question and immediately pulled his hand away from Dracos leg. Just as Dray expected. No man wants to hear about their wife when they are so obviously trying to get someone else. At least Draco assumed.

"Yeah, but I'm pretty sure she's cheating on me anyway" The man deadpanned. Then he smiled "Why?"

"No reason, just asking"

"What about you?" The man asked "Do you have a girlfriend?"

"No" Draco smirked to himself planning the conversation in his head.

"Why not?" The man grinned.

"Because I have a boyfriend."

The man obviously didn't expect that answer and hit the break pedals a little too hard. If it want for Draco's seatbelt, he probably would of been sent flying into the glass.

The break was enough to send the baby at the back of the seat crying of shock. The child's eyes scrunched up in fear and unfamiliarity.

The man's face formed into an expression of annoyance. "Please be quiet Thea. Daddy's sorry."

'So her name is Thea?' Draco thought to himself. Poor Thea. She looked so peaceful when she was asleep. Draco didn't notice that he was saying something.

"Can...can I hold Thea?"

The man looked shocked but then smiled. "Sure you can"

Draco loosened his seatbelt and reached to the backseat. He grabbed Thea by her underarms and brought her to his chest once he was seated and buckled to his seat.

He looked at her. She had dark brown hair and brown eyes just like the guy next to him. She was adorable

"She's turning 2 next month." The man next to him said. "You can hold her throughout the car ride if you want"

"Thank you, sir" Draco smiled a little.

"Call me Marcus" The man smiled.

The baby immediately relaxed under Dracos touch. She stopped crying and looked into Draco's eyes. Draco held the child as if she was glass careful with every move.

Draco smiled at the little girl and she smiled back. Well, she tried to smile. It seemed like she was still growing teeth do she gave Dray a toothless grin.

Draco placed a hand over his stomach for the second time. It filled Draco with a sense of protection.

"Hey there sweetheart" Draco whispered "How are you?"

Draco wasn't surprised when he got a small gurgle in response to his question. He was a little suprised when a small dribble made its way on Draco's jeans however.

"Apologies. She's a messy one" Marcus gave Draco a napkin to clean himself up with. Dray accepted the gesture and quickly wiped the spit off him.

"She's really cute." Draco grinned looking at the small child's face. He grabbed her cheek and squeezed it lightly. It felt soft and the child giggled. "Can she say any words yet?"

"Yes, she can say basic words. You know, Mama and Papa." Marcus said. "Do you plan on having children in the future?"

"Yes, I'm expecting one" Draco said without much thought into what he said.

What he said obviously confused the man next to him. "You're having a child now?" He asked "I thought you said you had a boyfriend. And your only 16"

"Oh. I meant a.. baby brother. My mum is pregnant again."

The man laughed as the confusion cleared "Oh! Forgive me for assuming. It just sounded like you were having a child of your own."

"Are we there yet?"

"Yes. The closest drive through is a fast food restaurant. Is there something you specifically want?"

"I'll just have a regular sized burger and a water bottle."

When they pulled over, Draco could hear Marcus order for them so he focused on the child still sitting on his lap.

The child had grew tired sat down on Dray's lap. She hugged his torso and rested her face on his chest but didn't go to sleep yet.

Draco could help but smile. The kid was so sweet and innocent. No matter how hard Draco resisted, he couldn't help but place a soft kiss onto the Child's forehead.

"Here you go" Marcus gave Draco a bag of, what he was assuming, his food. "I got some ice-cream too. I hope you aren't Lactose Intolerant."

"I'm not. Thank you." Draco took the food and opened the bag. There was a burger and some fries. He took out the fries and put them in his mouth. He also took a spoonful of ice cream. That's when an idea struck him. He took a spoonful of fries and put a fry in the spoon. The taste was immaculate. Draco ate a bit more enthusiastically not paying any attention to the way Marcus was looking at him.

"What?" Draco asked when he caught his eyes

"Nothing. I didn't think you ate ice-cream with fries." He said "You're almost home"

Finally