Shame on you, Zabini

"Take it back, Smith." Blaise's intimidating voice cut through the cheers and jeers of his fellow students.

Smith wiped the back of his hand on the corner of his mouth, smudging the blood dripping from his busted lip.

"I didn't say anything that wasn't true." Smith retaliated, stubborn.

"You know damn well that what you said was a lie."

"You've never reacted like this before."

"I'm finally done with your lying shit, arsehole."

Smith brought a fist onto the nape of Blaise's neck, bruising it.

Blaise choked, pulling back before elbowing the side of Zach's waist.

The students around them cheered. Screaming, fight fight fight in harmony. The deafening sound bouncing on the cafeteria walls.

But despite the loud cheering, Blaise didn't miss that one voice calling for him.

"Blaise?!"

Blaise turned. Platinum white hair easily recognisable in the sea of students.

Draco pushed past the crowding classmates, Pansy and Theo by his side.

Smith landed a punch to Blaise's stomach when he realised that the boy was distracted. Blaise coughed, blood droplets falling down his lips.

"Blaise!"

"Stand down, Zabini. You know I'm right." Zach chuckled.

Blaise looked up, an enraged look on his face.

"Blaise?" Draco arrived taking Blaise's arm, tenderly massaging the forming bruises. "What are you doing fighting in the cafeteria?!"

"I..."

"...Ooooohhh, now I understand." Smith smirked from his position. He crossed his arms, cocky all of a sudden.

Draco spun around, his face angry. He spat fiercely, "What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

Zach's cocky grin didn't falter.

"Blaise, what is going on?!"

"Draco, I..."

"Well, I understand Zabini's reaction now. He never acted like this on any other occasions."

"What occasions?"

"Smith..." Blaise warned.

"Oh, just a few discussions we have."

"What is he talking about, Blaise?"

"Smith, don't..."

"For a few months now...from...hmm...lemme think. Since the start of the school year, really-"

"Smith..." Blaise stepped forward with a single foot. Draco placed a hand on Blaise's chest, pushing him back.

Everyone around them were silent, also curious on the source of the fight.

"-We've always agreed on one thing."

"...Which is?" Draco urged when Smith paused for too long.

"We've always agreed on a single, well known fact. Draco Malfoy is a well known slag."

"Me?! A slag?!" Draco's face heated up in embarrassment and anger.

"I'm surprised that you've never heard anyone mention it." Smith examined his nails, haughtily.

"Smith, stop it."

"I mean, everyone talks about it. Everyone even thought that the reason you didn't attend school for the last few weeks before summer is because you were in a different country, slagging off to anyone with two eyes and a working dick."

"What?! Really...?" Draco turned to look at his schoolmates. Most had their head down, embarrassed. Others snickered. Few nodded.

"Haven't your friends told you? Oh wait... of course they didn't, because they were talking about you too."

"That's a lie!" Pansy spoke up, offended that she'd be accused of talking badly of her best friend behind his back.

"But surely you knew about the rumor?"

Pansy's face burned up.

"Infact, Blaise has been saying it too." Smith said at the end of his speech.

Draco felt tears in his eyes.

"Well..." Smith chuckled, "until today."

Draco turned to face Blaise. The taller boy had an expression of absolute despair.

"Blaise."

"Draco, you need to listen to me, I... Well, it wasn't recently!"

"But you did say I was a slag."

"Not today, not yesterday. It wasn't during the time we were together-"

A harsh slap was landed against Blaise's cheek. The skin immediately reddened, contrasting against his dark complexion.

"Even before we were together, you were my friend! You were my friend and you were calling me a fucking slut infront of your friends?!"

"Draco, it's not what you think..."

"No, I know now. I now know that you're a dickhead and that I should of never given you a chance!"

Draco ran past the students as he ran out of the formed circle, his eyes red and stinging.

Pansy frowned deeply at the taller male, "I hope you're happy, dick."

Both her and Theo followed Draco's trail.

Smith walked to Blaise, casually leaning an elbow on the darker boy's shoulder. He looked up at the distance, a meaningful look on his face.

"That's cold, Zabini."