Activities

14th January 1:33pm
Draco's phone read in bold letters. Sandra had decided not to force Draco to class. A day at home would make him feel a little better.

Blaise went though, earlier than usual. He drove himself to school and left without a word of complaint when Mrs Zabini gave him the cold shoulder.

Draco only came downstairs for a cup of tea before heading back up for his room. He lay in his bed, his phone silent. Pansy and Theo didn't bother him and without them, there was no reason for Draco to recieve a text.

The quiet rang against the walls of his head like a repetitive song. It killed him from the inside out, not being able to talk to anyone.

Draco looked down at his swollen stomach, 3 months and 3 weeks in. He hadn't gone to the doctors since he was 2 months into pregnancy... it felt about time didn't it?

Was it too late for... hm...

Draco picked up his phone from the bedside table and felt his fingers shake as he tapped the keyboard.

Hello, Harry.
He sent. It didn't take long before two blue ticks appeared beneath the text, indicating that the message had been both sent and seen.

Draco, hello. How are you doing?
He replied relatively quickly.

I'm doing well.
Draco replied, despite it not being the whole truth.
I was wondering if you had anytime to see me today.

Of course.
Harry quickly sent.
I must confess, I expected you to be in school today. I actually have the week off for my internship. I can see you in around 30 minutes. Is that okay with you?

That's fine. I can make it by then. Is there anything I need to bring?

No. Nothing is required, at least I don't think so. Have you been engaging in alcohol, drugs or anything that could harm your child?

Draco thought to himself. Could stress hurt? Overwhelming sadness? A constant voice in his head telling him that he wasn't good enough? Could any of those result in the declining health of a fetus?
Do overwhelming emotions count?

Yes. They do. And I think I know why you ask that.
Harry typed immediately afterwards.
Dean Thomas, name sound familiar? He's a friend of mine and he's told me about the... incident. I'm sorry.

Draco frowned. Dean was a distant friend of Blaise. They played football together and hung out in the same group but they never were close, at least that was what Draco thought. Blaise lied to him about one thing, it was entirely probable that he lied to him about another.

It's okay.
Was all Draco replied with.

After a tense silence, Harry sent a text.
I'll see you soon.

*              *                               *                *
       *                           *                        *
   *        *           *                 *       *             *