Helping Around The House

Draco L. MALFOY — Second Trimester Pregnancy

Month 3 Week 3

Writing
Baking
Cooking
Communication (with friends)
Meditation
Drawing
Helping around the house

Doctor. H.J.P

Sandra hummed lightly and handed the sheet of paper back to Draco. She turned to unlock the door to the house and let the two of them in. "I understand where Doctor Potter is coming from. Meditation and cooking were both things I loved to do during my own pregnancy."

"Yeah, but I don't wanna do any of this. I just wanna go to bed and sleep through my trimester."

"It feels like that sometimes, but I think we should also remember the fact that you're only a teenager."

Draco felt his face heat as he followed Sandra into the kitchen. She turned on the kettle and let it boil. "How do I start, though?"

"Well, we'll continue living as we do now. Then we'll see how we progress throughout the month." Sandra smiled lightly,  "Could you bring me two mugs from the cabinet, Draco?"

"Sure," Draco answered absentmindedly, walking over to the cabinet and pulling out two decorated mugs. "But I just feel like the activities on the list will feel forced. If it's forced then it won't feel relaxing, will it? It'll only stress me out more."

"Well, how do you feel now?"

"I feel fine, and that's only because I'm not doing anything."

"I guess so." Sandra commented, "Also, would you mind finishing up the dishes?"

Draco glanced at the sink and walked over to it. There were only three plates and two forks which wouldn't take too long. He picked up the sponge and began scrubbing. "I just feel like this pregnancy has really absorbed all of my free time. Once I'm back at school, I'll have homework to look over, the pregnancy to maintain and these activities Harry has given me! Like, hello? Who does he think I am?"

Sandra only smirked behind her mug. "Yeah, who does he think he is? Could you stack the plates in the cupboard? I have your tea ready once you're done."

Draco did as he was told, taking the napkin and wiping his wet, soapy hands. He took the warm tea from the counter table and took a sip, immediately relaxing.

"Thank you, Sandra."

"No, thank you. You honestly underestimate yourself sometimes."

"What makes you say that?"

"Well, you haven't noticed that while you were complaining about the list, you've already completed one of the tasks."

"What? I have?"

Draco rushed over to the list of tasks Harry had given him and saw a small tick Sandra had added beside 'Helping around the house'

"Still think you can't handle this?" Sandra leant back on her right arm, sipping her tea idly. Draco only stared back at her.

*              *                               *                *
       *                           *                        *
   *        *           *                 *       *             *

Draco's phone rang half an hour later. When he begrudgingly picked up, it was Theodore.

"Hey Draco." came the nervous voice from the other side. It did strike Draco as peculiar to have Theo call him rather than Pansy.

"Hey Theo." Draco replied. His reply was muffled under the pillow his face was planted in.

A nervous chuckle came from the other side of the phone followed by silence. Eventually, "Well... How are you holding up?"

Draco made a sound of annoyance before speaking. "Just peachy, Theodore."

"Right, I get it. Dumb question..."

"What do you want? I'm busy."

"Well... Pansy and I are worried about you. We haven't heard from you since... Y'know."

"Gee..." Draco rolled his eyes.

"Haha... You know, you're getting really moody... Like a pregnant lady..."

Theo's laugh was short-lived when no reply came from his joke.

"Ahem, Sorry."

"It's fine. You wouldn't be the only one laughing at me at this moment." Draco said, his pissed attitude dissolving to one of misery.

"No, I didn't mean... Jesus..." Theo's frustration could be heard though the phone. "I'm sorry, Draco. I really need to start being more sensitive to your feelings."

Draco only coughed.

Theodore was nervous, it was obvious. He never was the friend you'd call on if you needed cheering up. Well, at least not anymore. Theo knew how to cheer Draco up usually and that was with a get together and alcohol. But taking in the current situation, alcohol couldn't be used as a tool anymore.

Pansy would usually cheer Draco up with Theo there to offer his support.

"Where's Pansy?"

"Pansy? Oh... she's... on her way."

"On her way?" Draco sat up blearily.

"Yeah, we all are actually."

"Way to where? With who?"

"On our way to yours. Pansy, I, Daph, Greg and Vince."

"I really don't wanna see anyone right now, Theo." Draco could practically feel a headache beginning.

"Sorry, Dray. We're coming to cheer you up. It's an order. Something about a to-do list? Communication with friends."

"Order? Who's orders are you talking about?"

"Mrs Zabini's and Harry Potter's. Can you believe that? Harry Potter!"

In the background, a gaggle of different voices sounded. Draco could hear Daphne and Pansy, Greg and Vince all chatter about Harry Potter.

Draco wanted to crawl away and sleep his trimester away.

"We're coming to cheer you up! Just without the alcohol..."

It's been 7 months, I know...

I apologise it took so long. I just suddenly felt so discouraged.

But here's a chapter. It was so long I literally got an automated message from Wattpad telling me I have updated in a while.

Tell me I'm lazy without telling me I'm lazy.