Lunchtime

Lunchtime

The seemingly endless lessons paused for an hour for lunch. It was undeniably Draco's favourite time of the day.

He got to sit in a hall with a few of his favourite people in the world.

It has always been the same routine each day.

Unbearable lessons to lunchtime, sit on the last table to the right with his friend group. Sit in the middle between Pansy and Daphne and directly across from Draco, Gregory sat, between Theo and Vince. There was a specific habit Draco internally followed. He would chat to Daphne first, then turn and talk to Pansy and Theo. Then talk to Greg and Vince before finally grouping up with gossip.

It was an undiscussed routine that the group eventually learned to follow.

But with his current condition, he didn't know how much it would change.

He wanted to be closer to Blaise, but the man's usual table was three tables away. He sat with his own group of friends.

He didn't have the chance to discuss lunch arrangements with Blaise.

But...it was just lunch. Honestly, what's the worst that could happen?

* * * *
* * *
* * * * * *

When Draco sat in his seat, he felt squished. He never felt it before but now he felt like he was sat too closely to the two sat on either side of him. He felt trapped and pushed.

Pansy looked over at the pained look of her friend. She scooted over a little, her right foot dangling from the side of her seat. Draco seemed to relax with the extra room he had been given. He thanked God for blessing him with such thoughtful friends.

Usually, his parents spent most of their time at home, so they would make him a lunch and pack it for him once he went to school, but due to his...recent situation, he had to deal with the school lunches. Mrs Sandra worked early in the morning and didn't have time to pack lunch for her son, let alone his boyfriend.

Fortunately, the food was somewhat edible. Draco had heard stories of students finding questionable items in their lunches, such as a piece of plastic, a metal engagement ring, and even a toenail. It was one of the main reasons Draco had practically begged his parents to make him food from home.

His lunch was paid for by Theo. He usually paid for Pansy's food and decided to spare some money for Draco. Draco got the same thing his friend has gotten. Jacket Potatoes and beans. The potato wasn't Draco's favourite, nor were the beans 'the best Draco had ever had' but he was able to stomach it long enough for it to digest.

He has a side of apple crumble however. It tasted pretty good. Almost good enough to forgive the whole meal. Almost.

Draco wasn't thrown off of his routine. He turned his head so he could chat to Daphne first. He complimented the reapplied highlights in her hair and listened to her complain about 'those bitch Patil twins'. It was a very hot topic in the friend group. Daphne always had new things to say about the two girls. Draco liked to listen to her rant. He found her 'colourful vocabulary' to be insightful. But he would never trust her around a baby.

Especially his.

After her, he turned to Pansy and Theo. Their conversations were more animated. Less forced and more caring. He didn't need to hide anything from them and it felt nice to finally properly relax for the first time that day.

Lastly, he turned to Gregory and Vincent. Conversations with them had always been dull since the only thing they could say was 'mmphh?' since there was ALWAYS food stuffed in their mouth. Skipping conversations with them was frequent, and Draco was hardly upset by it. He would rather have his ear fall off with Daphne's rants than to sit and watch the two boys try to talk with mouthfuls of ketchup in their oesophaguses.

So he skipped.

Instead, he turned back from the two boys, looking for a different boy.

But he couldn't seem to find him.

He scouted the whole lunch hall for the familiar dark skinned man, but he was nowhere to be seen.

Draco let out a sigh.

But then felt a hand shake his shoulder. Daphne was in an excited mood.

"Draco, look!"

In the middle of the hall, two boys had their fists balled up, anger in their faces.

He didn't recognise the first boy immediately, but the second fighter was a face he knew very well.

"What is Smith doing fighting Zabini?"

Ehhh? Eeeehhh? :D
How is it??? Nice cliffhanger??? Eeeehhhh?? :DD