I'll Be There

{1970}

It was around 9:30. 

Today, Michael was at my house. 

We were up in my room. Just hanging out.

But Michael had noticed my unusual quietness this morning.

"What's up with you?" He questioned as he fiddled with a random pencil he found lying around my room.

Truth is, I had a terrible nightmare last night about me losing Michael. It may sound silly, but it was terrifying! And so weird..

"I know this is going to sound silly, but I had what started out as a dream where we were in a lime green field."

"With hills that stretched for miles and grass that extended to our knees. We were under a bright blue sky that flew far into the unknown. You and I were wearing matching outfits. You in a purple-themed fit (picture above), and me in a stunning amethyst-colored dress. One that sparkled like a thousand jewels under the sun. It cascaded past my feet so it was a little hard to run in. I had to hold it up at the feet like how princesses do in movies," I said, giggling at the end.

(Ignore the model)

(Ignore the model)

Not gonna lie, I did actually feel like a princess. But anyway, "we were just running around in the field. Picking little flowers and watching the bunnies, horses, and deer roam the land. The weather was perfect. Super warm out, but with a slight breeze. It was super nice at first."

"But then the sky began to turn from an innocent baby blue to an evil-looking indigo. The clouds were still visible, and it looked as if they turned into distorted-looking faces of monsters. It was so creepy Mike."

He listened with wide eyes, waiting for more.

"It was dark for a minute, then it flashed white! Like lightning had struck. But then it switched back to indigo. You could hear loud thunder rumbling around somewhere in the sky. We held onto each other for comfort. And I can't remember if we talked much during the nightmare, or even at all."

I went quiet for a while before continuing.

"That's when my dress began to glow."

"And then when we looked up, there was a black hole forming in the sky

"And then when we looked up, there was a black hole forming in the sky. It started pulling everything up. From the trees and bushes to the flowers and animals. It even started sucking the clouds out of the sky."

Michael sat there, legs crossed, listening attentively.

"Then the black hole began to suck you in Michael," I mumbled.

My eyes started to water as I recalled his terrified face. And the way I desperately tried to pull him back down, but couldn't. It frightened me because at that moment, it truly felt like those events that were happening, were real.

Usually, I know when I'm dreaming, but last night was totally different.

"I had lost you to the black hole. It closed up after it took you. I can still very faintly hear your screams. I had collapsed to the ground and sobbed after that." 

My glowing dress stood out in the dark field. Only my weeps could be heard.

Michael's eyes were sad as he took in my words.

I look up at the ceiling to prevent myself from crying. But one little tear managed to escape. "Then the ground underneath me opened up, swallowing me."

More tears started to flow down my face. "Oh Michael.." I whimper as I hold onto his body for comfort.

He rubs my back and holds me close. "Shhh. Everything's alright now. I'm right here Y/N. I've got you."

I weep into his arms. That's when he begins to sing.

"You and I must make a pact..we must bring salvation back."

I look up at Michael with teary eyes and a weak smile.

"Where there is love, I'll be there." 

He looks down at me with the most compassionate smile and kind eyes, cradling me in his arms.

As he takes my hand, he sings, "I'll reach out, my hand to you,"

"I'll have faith in all you do..just call my name, and I'll be there."

Michael sings the rest of the song to me in that angelic voice of his. Us slowly rocking side to side in the beat of the song. And it was during this moment that I couldn't have felt anymore grateful to have a friend like him in my life, always by my side. 

Requested by  Day_N_Nite 💜