Motorcycle

{1972}

{Michael}

Y/N and I are sitting on the back porch, absolutely bored out of our minds. We could go swimming, but we did that yesterday, so we're kinda tired of it. Or we could go bother one of my siblings, that's always fun..

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when I spot Tito pull up into the driveway with his brand new 350 Honda motorcycle. I presume he just came from visiting his girlfriend, Dee Dee. I've heard some of my brothers talking about how Tito had supposedly proposed to her last week, which I'm not exactly thrilled about.

I fear that it could break apart the group and ruin our relationships with our fans, but I'm truly happy for him.

Anyways, back to that bike.

"What's up Tito!" I shout.

He removes his helmet which kinda squished his afro and he squints from the blaring sun coming into his view.

"Hey Mike, hey Y/N," he says in that laid-back manner of his.

Y/N gives him an indolent "hi" and continues to watch that bunny rabbit that's been hopping around the yard for a while now.

"Soooooooo Tito," I smirk. "You know I've been eyeing that ride of yours lately and-

"Forget about it Michael," he said flatly.

I smack my lips out of annoyance.

Tito walks into the house and I slump back into my chair, muttering curse words.

Y/N snickers. "You already knew he was gonna say no though."

I rolled my eyes. "True."

"Buuut, he's not around to guard his motorcycle at the moment," Y/N mumbled.

My eyes light up and I smile at them wickedly.

The both of us leap off the porch and scurry over to the motorcycle. I'm the first to hop on and I grab onto the handles. Sparks of excitement shoot throughout my body, making me feel alive.

I glance over to Y/N and notice that they look unsure about this.

"C'mon! It was your idea after all."

"Yeah, I know but I wasn't really expecting you to do it! Plus, this feels wrong going behind his back like this..and do you even know how to drive that thing?"

I laugh at their adorableness. "I know what I'm doing girl! Get on."

They tentatively jump on but quickly jump off.

"What's wrong?"

"We need helmets Mike."

"Hmm, you're right."

{A few minutes later}

We retrieved two random bike helmets from the garage and we were on our way.

I could sense the nerves in Y/N melted away slightly because a small smile tugged on their lips. 

They carefully got behind me and sat down.

"Put your hands around me so you don't fall," I told them.

{Y/N's POV}

My heart starts to flutter in my chest after hearing Michael's request. I shyly wrap my hands around his stomach.

He starts up the engine and we pull out of the driveway.

We began to ride down a few streets. And as I look up, I sigh at the view of the lovely sunset.

The maya blue-colored sky was gradually fading into all different shades of vibrant orange, yellow, pink, peach, and strawberry red while the sun hid behind the tall palm trees, peeking out every so often. The pale, fluffy clouds floated silently through the air. It was just gorgeous. The sunset always put my mind at ease. 

My soul felt so serene. 

I rested my head on Michael's back as the cool evening breeze tickled my face and closed my eyes. You could hear dogs barking off in the distance, along with the loud purring of the engine. But I didn't mind.

I felt like those girls in the movies whenever she and her boyfriend go off on one of those romantic motorcycle rides..

{Michael's POV}

Slight heat went to my cheeks at Y/N's touch. Butterflies danced inside of me.

And I feel so euphoric. 

It feels as though I don't have a care in the world right now. I don't want it to end! And with Y/N here with me, they make this 1000% times better.

We drove down a few more roads before I figured we should head back before it got too dark.

Tires screeched as we pulled up the driveway. I made sure to park Tito's motorcycle right where it was before to avoid any extra suspicion.

I wonder if any of them will buy the lies I have come up with in the next few minutes. I know lying isn't good, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

"That was so fun," Y/N crooned as they took off their helmet. Their hair somehow still looked perfect. Well I mean, they are perfect so it's no wonder they're always flawless.

"I know right!"

"I feel so..rebellious," they giggled.

"Yeah, I feel bad!"

We laughed before hugging each other goodnight. "See you tomorrow Mike. And uh- good luck!"

"Thanks. I think I need it."

They jogged off to their house and I watched with contentment as Y/N seemed to be in a great mood. And seeing them happy made me even happier. 

Now it's time for me to enter my house..

But first, I gotta put these helmets back.