Crushin' {Part 1}

{1972}

"I'll get it!" Someone screamed inside the Jackson home.

I was welcomed by my best friend's smiling face.

"Hi Janet!" I squealed and squeezed her tightly in a hug.

"Hi! I'm so excited you're here!" She beamed.

Mrs. Jackson walked up behind Jan and waved to my mother. Who was also standing behind me.

She greeted us and we all walked in. Then mom averted her attention to me.

"I'm going to talk with Katherine for a minute and then get ready to go. Behave yourself and have fun."

"Ok mommy." I gave her a little hug and she kissed my cheek.

"Let's go to my room," Janet said and pulled me by my hand.

Janet and I are classmates. And the moment we met, we immediately became best friends. We do everything together. She's the best.

We were playing family with her dolls when the dreamiest boy walked into her room.

His hair was in a fabulous, black, medium-sized afro. With perfect nutmeg-colored skin. Finely arched eyebrows. Large almond eyes that you could get lost in. A wonderful, broad nose. And flawless cheekbones that were identical to Janet's. 

He wore a simple purple sweater with orange and tan stripes located on the neck and arm areas. Some black pants and blue Adidas to go along with it.

"Hey Dunk. Have you seen Rosie? I know you had him last." The boy asked.

I couldn't even hear Janet's response. I was too busy staring at him. 

"Thanks." He then waved to me, and I swear I felt my heart skip a beat.

"W-who's that?" I asked when he left.

"Oh, that's just my big brother. Michael."

"Wow..he's the cutest boy I've ever seen!"

Janet began to giggle a little. "Every girl says that."

"Wow," I said again. A little more to myself though.

"Let's finish playing family, yeah?"

"Okay."

______________________

"I wanna show you the rest of my siblings."

"You have more?" I looked up at her as she got off the ground.

"Yeah. There's 9 of us."

"It must be nice having a lot of siblings like that. You never get lonely." I smiled as I combed out the brunette Barbie's hair.

"I guess. They annoy me sometimes though because I'm the youngest. But I love them."

We walked into the living room. That's where I met Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon, and Randy. They were all chilling on the couch.

Janet also told me all her brothers were in a band. Coool.

"Hi," They all said.

"Hello," I smiled at them.

"I have another sister too. She's not here though. Her name is Rebbie. You'll have to meet her one day. She's really nice."

I nodded my head.

"And you met mother. Joseph is my dad. But he's out somew-

That's when we all heard a high-pitched scream coming from upstairs. And the sound of things falling to the floor.

"Oh boy," The guy Janet told me was Jackie, sighed.

"It's probably another animal in Toya's room," The boy I know as Randy, snickered.

"Oh yeah. Let's go meet her," Janet spoke.

We walked up the stairs and down a hallway. Where the screaming was coming from.

"GET IT AWAY! GET IT OUT MICHAEL!!" Shrieked an older girl's voice.

Jan pushed open the door and we saw her sister in the corner of her room, screaming. And the boy from earlier. Michael.

"Michael....get that THING out of my room!" She squealed.

"I'm so sorry La Toya. I don't know how he got in here," He apologized in his soft voice.

Janet began to crack up at the scene going on in front of us. I giggled a little too.

"This is my friend guys," She turned to me. "Meet La Toya and Michael."

"Hello," I smiled shyly.

"Hey," They said back. Fear laced in La Toya's voice while Michael's was a little more calm.

Michael finally got the snake from La Toya's room and walked over to us.

"This is Rosie. He's pretty nice. Wanna touch him?" Michael asked.

I was too busy staring into his sparkling, brown eyes to even hear him. Until Janet nudged me in the side.

"Wanna touch the snake?" She asked. She was already rubbing his scales.

"Umm..I'll pass."

The thing kinda freaked me out. Its beady eyes peering into my soul.

"He doesn't bite," Michael smiled at me. Making my heart rate increase.

"Ummmm, ok.."

I expected the snake to be slimy, but he really wasn't. He felt cool and kinda nice.

"Michael's got rats too."

"Rats?!" I yelped.

"They're actually mice," Michael giggled. "I take it you're not really much of an animal fan?"

Gosh, he is the cutest.

"N-no. Not really," I blushed.