Baseball

{1965}

"Ready Mike?" You yell to your best friend. Today you and Michael decided on playing baseball. He had found a stray ball in his backyard and that led to this.

"Ready!" He yells back.

The inside of the leather baseball glove you had on rubbed against your skin in a rather unsatisfying way, while the other hand held the ball tightly. Your thumb gliding across it.

You pull your arm back. The hot sun glaring down on you and warming your body. And with all your might you hurl the ball towards Michael. He stands in position, waiting for the right time to hit it.

Now!

He swings the bat with full force and smacks the ball.

And there it goes, flying across the sky.

But your heart starts to drop to your stomach as you watch the ball plummet from the sky. You're sure Mike is feeling the same way.

The sound of a window shattering could be heard miles away.

Michael dropped his bat and you did the same with the glove.

You guys scramble over to the mess. Glass sprawled out all over the floor. 

"Oh my gosh.." You exclaim as you cover your mouth.

"Aw, man! What are we gonna do?" Michael asks you.

You both just stare at the ground in silence.

"It can't get any worse than this right? Maybe no one will notice.." said Michael as he cringed.

That's when Joseph walked outside. He had heard the sound of something shattering and wanted to figure out what it was. He thought to himself "What the hell is happening out there?!"

Once he could see you and Michael over by the pile of glass and the broken window with a baseball bat nearby, it was game over. 

"MICHAAAELL!" He howled.

You jumped with fear. You didn't even need to turn around, you can already tell Joseph was mad.

And when Joseph got mad....it wasnt good.

Michael shot you a face filled with regret and fear. "I spoke too soon." He whispered.

" He whispered