One Day I'll Marry You

{1970}

I smile to myself as I watch a little family of ducks swim across the river. A sense of contentment overcoming me. 

This park always calms me down when I just want to relax.

My peaceful mood was soon interrupted by two hands covering my eyes. I begin to freak out and a scream escapes my mouth while I try to remove the hands from my face.

"Girl calm down. It's just me," A soft voice says. 

My breathing starts to return to a normal pace once I hear the familiar voice. My friend Michael's voice. He removes his hands from my eyes.

"Well next time if you don't want to be smacked upside your head, don't scare me like that!" I yelled.

Michael just laughed and took a seat next to me.

"So what are you doing down here?" I asked him once I calmed down.

"I decided to go for a walk. And it just so happens that I see my future wife here too," Michael says with a sigh and a goofy smile.

I just roll my eyes. "Michael, when are you going to get over this little crush of yours? We're not getting married. Plus I'm sure you'll forget all about me when you're older. With your fame and all." 

He snapped out of his daze and turned to me with a shocked expression. "Forget about you? I'd never! I'm in love with you baby." 

I've known this schmuck since we were in diapers. Our mothers are friends. And Michael has had this huge crush on me ever since. He thinks we're gonna get married someday..

I scoff and remove his arm from my shoulder. 

"Playing hard to get I see," He smirks.

He took hold of my hand and began to leave little kisses on it. Then started moving up to my arm.

"Woah woah woah. Whaaat are you doing?" I ask as I snatch my arm away.

"Can't I show my girl that I love her?" 

"Mike we're not dating." 

"Sure we are." 

I swiftly hop up from my spot on the bench before he could kiss my hand again and walk behind it. Michael does the same.

I soon find myself running away from him. And strangely enough, I kinda enjoy it. 

Hiding behind a tree, I take a deep breath.  Then once I turn around, I'm met with Michael's face. His excited expression made me jump a little.

"Found ya," He grinned.

I rolled my eyes. "Looks like it."

_____

Michael and I are walking along the trail that leads out of the park, on our way back home. 

Very discreetly, he takes hold of my hand and leans in to give me a big kiss on the cheek.

Luckily, I have great reflexes and I snap my head away before he could kiss me.

I give him an unamused expression as I take my hand away from his. Michael just gives me a shy smile.

"You may act like you don't love me now. But one day, I'll marry you."

I shake my head at my friend's silliness.

"Whatever you say Mike."

"And I'll buy the rings-

"Alright. I think that's enough for now."

"Whatever you say my love."

___

"Well, this is my stop. Bye Michael."

"Soooo...no hug?" He inquires as he stands there with his arms open wide.

I pat Michael on the shoulder and jog up to my doorstep. I look back and laugh at his face.

"I'll remember that," He chuckles.

I laugh along with him. "Bye."

After unlocking the door, I head to the kitchen. I open the fridge and pull out an apple. A crunch emitting from the fruit as I sink my teeth into it.

Then I remembered something. I pull the necklace out of my shirt. The silver heart charm sparkling in the sunlight that spilled through the kitchen window. 

Michael got this for me while he was touring with his bros a few months ago. And the eager look on his face as I pulled it out still makes me laugh.

I sigh as a little smile spreads onto my face.

What am I going to do with that boy..

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
•Jackson 5 Era Imagines•जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें