Disney World {Part 1}

{1974}

Requested by Day_N_Nite 💫

I gripped my luggage tightly, my heart raced, my smile grew wider, that cold airport air swiped at my face. My stride became faster with every step as I led my family to our destination. 

What are we doing exactly? Meeting Michael and his family at the airport.

Where are we going you may ask? To Disney World!

"Y/N stop running! We don't have to rush," my dad urged.

"I know but I'm just excited!" I squealed.

I ducked and dodged to avoid running into the other people zooming around the airport as well. I'm pretty sure my family was starting to lose sight of me. 

I cringed as I almost ran over a child no older than 6, still being in a hurry. Yeahh maybe I should slow down a bit. "Sorry little guy!" I said remorsefully. He looked up at me and gave a friendly smile before a lady, who I assume to be his mom, pulled him away. "Don't wander off like that Levi!" I could hear her say in the distance. I watched the pair walk away. 

Well, this is where Mike said to meet up. But I don't see him, or any of his family.

I set my things down on the floor. Soon enough, my family caught up to me, all out of breath.

I gave them an apologetic smile as they gave me slightly annoyed faces. 

"Y/N, look who it is," Y/S/N (your sibling's name) smiled and pointed forward.

I eagerly looked in that direction. And that's when I saw him.

Both of our faces lit up the moment we saw each other. Michael dropped his bags and immediately began to run to me with his arms open wide.

I took off too. I leaped into his arms. We embraced each other in the tightest hug I think I've ever received. We laughed and giggled as he spun me around. Our families awwed. My heart fluttered with joy. Once he put me down, I was able to get a better view of him. He definitely has gotten taller since the last time I saw him..way taller. He's gotten more handsome too. Wow..

I slid my hands from his neck and placed them on his chest. His arms rested on my back. Our eyes still locked on each other.

"Look at you!" I smiled wildly. "You look so different. It's great! You look amazing!" 

Michael laughed. "And you look beautiful. It's been so long Y/N..I missed you."

All these feelings and thoughts that I pushed away earlier so that I wouldn't be an emotional mess started to come rushing back. And I tried so hard not to, but I began to cry.

"Hey, hey, we're together now. Please don't cry, darling," He whispered softly. His eyes began to tear up too.

Did I mention Michael and I haven't seen each other since mid-last year? He's been busy with the Jackson 5, as you know. But now I get to see him again, his brothers too, and I'm completely overjoyed.

"These are happy tears Michael," I laughed as he wiped my face.

Our families were glad to see each other as well. Long hugs were given. Laughter and cheers and hellos were shared. Everyone was happy right now. 

All of Mike's brothers came over to us and nearly crushed me with their hugs.

"Randy oh my gosh you're nearly taller than me!" I exclaimed once I got a good look at every one.

We all laughed.

-On the plane-

My parents, Katherine, and Joe chatted about adult stuff and whatnot. Jermaine and Marlon argued about sports. Jermaine's wife, Hazel, quietly read a book. La Toya was conversing with a boy that was sitting near her. Randy and Janet were playing rock paper scissors. And Y/S/N was listening to music.

"I think we're almost there," Janet said sleepily as she suddenly quit playing in the middle of the game.

Randy laughed. "I don't think we are. Take a nap Janet."

"Okay," she replied. It wasn't long before she dozed off. We did get up super early today so I don't blame her.

I smiled at the two. I missed their cute interactions like this. I missed all of this. Even the silly arguing from the boys.

I turned over to look at Michael, he was staring out the window. "Hey Mike how come Rebbie, Jackie, and Tito aren't here?"

"Hm? Oh, they were gonna meet us there with their families. They just thought it would be easier that way so it's not as many people."

"Ohh okay, got it."

It went silent between us for a few seconds.

"Y/N..you ever worry about being in a plane crash?"

I gasped. "Michael! What?-no! That's horrible!"

"It's a possibility," he said quietly.

I sighed and took hold of his hand. "You won't have to worry about that, we'll be okay. I promise." His almost worried expression began to cease. I gave him a reassuring smile before leaning my head on his shoulder.

"It's just that I've always had a fear of planes and flying. It was really bad when I was little. I've pretty much grown out of it but those thoughts still linger.."

"Really? I never knew that." 

"Yeah. I never mentioned it around you because I thought you'd think I was lame," he laughed.

"Aww Michael! You didn't need to hide that. I would never judge you!" 

"Thanks," he smiled.

-Hours later-

I felt somebody poking me in my arm, waking me out of my slumber. I got up, confused and lost, from my comfortable spot where I was resting my head on Michael's shoulder.

"We're about to land soon. Wake up your boyfriend," Randy joked.

I was able to get out a laugh. I turned to the right and shook Michael awake.

"We're about to land."

To Be Continued

To Be Continued