The Science Project

Mikey_CinnaSwirl has requested the idea for this imagine. I hope you all enjoy! 💖

{1974} 

A wide smile stretched across my face as I was greeted at the door by Michael. The plastic bag full of spray paint cans that I carried in my hand rattled as we went in to embrace each other in a hug. "Come on in, Y/N," he said, holding the door open for me. Michael then led me to his dining room where I assumed we would be working on our school science project together. 

For a little backstory, this week, our teacher announced that our class would be completing projects on any topic that we've learned in science over the years. Michael and I, of course, teamed up and decided on the classic solar system project. On the way home, Michael and I brainstormed ideas on the bus. We needed to figure out how exactly we were going to carry out our project. We decided on using a cardboard box that we would paint to resemble the galaxy and then inside of the box, we'd used strings to hold up little pictures of the planets. Simple and cute, yet eye-catching, we thought. 

This was the vision:

Michael suggested we work at his house, since the last time we did a project together, we were at my house

Michael suggested we work at his house, since the last time we did a project together, we were at my house. I told him fair enough and agreed. Once we both got home, we threw off our coats and book bags and scrambled around, looking for any materials that we could use. After gathering all our necessities, which we surprisingly just had laying around our homes, we called each other up and checked off the materials needed on our list. And now here I am at Michael's house. 

After saying my hellos to his parents, I sat my bags down on the dining room table and began to remove my coat. "Make yourself feel at home Y/N, let me get your coat and shoes for you." Michael offered. My heart warmed at his actions. What a gentleman he is. "Thanks, Mike." 

I reached into the additional bag that I brought along with me and set the white string and respirator masks we needed for the spray painting out on the table. That way all our equipment could be seen and everything gets accounted for. 

"Okay, we have the box, masks, spray paint, the printed pictures..." Michael trailed as he counted with his fingers. "And we got the string and foil right here," I added.  Michael clasped his hands together loudly and grinned. "Alright! Let's go set up in the garage."

We grabbed our stuff and headed toward the garage. On our way, we passed Jackie and Tito who were sitting on the living room couch hooting and hollering about some basketball game. "Let's gooooo!!!" Jackie yelled with his fists excitedly punching the air. I rolled my eyes and held back an amused laugh. 

Tito noticed us as we were passing by. "What's up Y/N, Mike," he acknowledged in a chill tone. Jackie turned around and greeted us as well. "Science project?" Jackie asked afterward. "Yup," Michael and I said simultaneously. "Alright. Don't be doing nothing back there you're not supposed to," Jackie replied. He had this sly look on his face that disclosed his intentions with that remark. I felt my cheeks heat up slightly while Michael and I exchanged looks. He looked annoyed yet embarrassed. "Man, whatever!" Michael grumbled. I giggled a bit at their typical sibling banter and continued on to the garage.