New Beginnings

George was wishing he made that b-line for the woods right about now.

He and Phil followed Bad and Ranboo towards the main hall with Dream following at a steady pace behind. George wondered how Phil could be so calm about all of this, he looked up at his father who was walking with a blank expression beside him. George couldn't quite make out what he thought was going through Phil's mind. 

George was snapped out of his gaze when he came crashing into the back of Bad.

"Are you okay, George?" Bad asked politely as they approached the entrance to the main hall.

"Fine," was all George could bring himself to respond with.

Dream stepped in front of the group and opened the door, George was the last one in.

"You know, you should really watch where you're going. You can't be running into people when you are the king," Dream said with a chuckle.

"I'm not going to be the King," George retorted and walked away to stand with Phil. 

"Well, I now present to you... the main hall!" Bad declared.

George looked up, the hall was exquisite. It had dark oak beams on the ceiling supporting the structure and murals all on the roof. Light shone in through the large windows plated with gold. The floor had a red carpet that went all the way to-

"The throne," George accidentally said out loud. 

Luckily, no one heard George as everyone seemed to be admiring the hall in all its beauty. George's eyes strayed back to the throne, he couldn't even picture himself being the one sitting in that chair. Let alone wearing a crown. 

"Well I am afraid this is where I leave you, Techno will be in shortly. Ranboo come with me we have to help Eret. Dream, you stay and guard the door," Bad said.

"You got it boss," Dream respond with a smirk and walked to the entrance of the hall.

"That guy seems like a piece of work," George said as Dream strut to the entrance.

"He seems fine to me," Phil responded.

"Of course he does," George said followed by a chuckle from Phil.

George and Phil stood in front of the throne awkwardly waiting for the man named Techno. But George could not get the feeling away that someone was watching him. Not someone per say, something. 

That stupid throne.

It was laughing at George, making fun of him. Judging him because even it knew George was not fit to be King. This whole thing was just so stupid. George hated it. He just wanted to be home with Phil watching the stars. 

"Hello gentlemen," a tall pink haired man said as he walked over to George and Phil.

"Hello, I am assuming you are Techno?" Phil asked.

"Yes, that would be me. Come along here and we can sit and talk about the matter at hand," said Techno.

George and Phil followed Techno in a small room just in the back of the main hall. Techno ushered the two to sit and they did as they were instructed. The room, not as extravagant as the main hall of course, had a large dark oak table in the middle and portraits of what George was assuming previous Kings along the walls. Because George and Phil lived on the outskirts of town, George never really knew anything about the Kingdom of Oryn. He would hear bits and pieces from people in town went he visited for the occasional supplies, but other than that George was left clueless.

"First I will start the basics, as I am sure you know, the King is dead. He passed in his sleep and-" 

"Yeah we know all that. Why am I here? What do I have to do with any of this?" George asked harshly, followed by a disapproving glare from Phil.