Broken Promises

"Come on Juels, we are almost home. Just a little longer." The boy said running his hand down his horse's mane. 

It has been about four years since he has been home. He had left to live with his mother in that time because she had fallen ill. His parents had been divorced for most of his life but he had permanently lived with his dad his entire childhood. 

Just as he was approaching the small town lit up with torches and candles from peoples houses,  he felt something move in his pocket. 

"Steady Juels." He said, and the horse came to a slow stop. The boy reached in his pocket and felt a crumbled paper in it. He pulled the paper out and unraveled it, it read:

To Sapnap,

The King requests your presence immediately :)

"Huh? What the hell does the king want with me?" He asked to himself (and Juels). Juels snorted, seeming unfazed by the letter, she was a horse after all. 

"Welp, I guess we are making a detour Jeuls..." The boy said and turned the horse digging his heel in her side, instructing her to run.

----------------------------------

It had been about two hours since Karl sent the note to Sapnap. While they waited, Dream decided to give George a better tour of the castle. George had been king for almost two months already but still had yet to see the whole castle. 

Dream held George's hand as they walked through the castle. He didn't care if it wasn't professional, he wanted everyone to know George was his. They occasionally got a glare or two from someone walking by but no one would dare question their king.

Dream led George outside and over to a barn behind the castle. "These are the stables, we keep the most valued horses in this barn." Dream explained. George hummed, he didn't particular like riding horses but Phil taught him when he was just a kid so he was familiar with the activity. 

Dream continued his tour and introduced George to every horse in the stables, including his horse, Spirit. George laughed as Dream made him verbally introduce himself to each one.

"Say nice to meet you George, you know they have feelings too." George laughed, "Nice to meet you Clarice." Clarice huffed, not impressed with Georges introduction. 

George's eyes wandered outside the barn and he caught a glimpse of a man riding a horse to the entrance of the castle. George could not help the resemblance this boy had to Sapnap and soon put the pieces together. 

"Oh my god he's here." George shook Dream's shoulder. Dream seemed started for a second but then realized what George was talking about. "Well we should go-"

Ranboo came running in the barn panting, "Ge- George- the- there is someone he-here to see you." George felt nervous, he hadn't seen Sapnap in a while. What if he didn't want to see him?

"Okay, can you take us to him?" George asked and Dream sensed George's nervousness and grabbed his hand again. 

George followed Ranboo to the front of the castle and heard talking as they entered the foyer. "Oh my gosh yes, how long did you say you lived here?" He heard Karl rather happily ask. "Just about my whole life, haven't been back in four years tho-" Sapnap froze at the sight of George who walked behind Ranboo accompanied by Dream by his side.

"George?" Sapnap asked with wide eyes. George smiled nervously, "Sapnap."

Without hesitation Sapnap went running into George's arms laughing. George could not help but laugh back during the embrace. Dream watched the two hug and was surprised, he had not heard George laugh that since the night at Phil's.