Gone.

a/n- 6K?!?!?!?? AHHHHH THANK Y'ALL SM ILYYY!!! it genuinely means so much to me you have no idea, the tiny group we have formed makes me so happy :) and, because of this I was able to meet one of my favorite people (you know who you are baka smh) 

sorry for the wait, enjoy!

------------------------

George found himself opening his eyes once more, unsure of how he let darkness come upon him. He didn't remember ever falling asleep, especially in the circumstance he was currently in. 

So, when George felt his body being held up but another, he lifted his head off the unknown person and sprung backwards, that of which not being far since he still was very much restrained. 

"Hey! It's me, it's just me love."

George blinked, still readjusting to the light even though it wasn't all that bright in the cell. He then locked eyes with the man he loved, kneeling in front of him. 

"Dream?" He choked, his voice cracking from not being used.

"Yeah, it's just me. I'm here." Dream cupped George's cheeks, leaving him to feel a fraction of security which he didn't know was possible. 

George scanned the area as if understanding his position all for the first time. "How- how long was I out?" He asked, his voice hoarse. 

"My guess, an hour or two? I held your body weight so the chains wouldn't hurt so bad when you woke up." Dream responded. George looked at the man in front of him, how he had gotten so fortunate to have such a partner that cared for him.

"Thank you." George smiled, then winced from the sudden sharp pain in his side. Both Dream and George shot a glance to his abdomen to be met with a bloodied cloths wrapped around messily with a mixture of both dried and fresh blood. 

George knew he could survive any average gash to the stomach, the problem was the position of the wound and the deepness, plus the other gashes from Schlatt. George wasn't stabbed by a simple knife, he was stabbed by one of the sharpest around, a Shadow Hunter blade. 

George felt hands grasp his face once more, bringing his gaze upwards to be met by the face of the man he loved. 

"Don't look at that. There is no need to worry okay? I will get us out of here." George knew Dream was mostly convincing himself than him, but he didn't mention it, anything to ease the situation helped. 

But what didn't help, was the sound of very heavy footsteps from the end of the hall. 

"Hello boys!" Said a voice all too familiar, a voice that made both Dream and George's blood boil. 

They both stood up, Dream still being unrestrained from Schlatt's attempt to "save" George from earlier. 

"What do you want?" Dream said, his voice low, laced with venom. Schlatt grinned from outside of the cell bars.

"It's simple really, I want everything."

George let out a chuckle, seeming to get under Schlatt's skin from the glare he shot him. "You're funny, you really are." George said. 

Schlatt took a step towards the cell, his left eyebrow raising, "Why is that George?"

George shifted his weight to his left side, using the chains to give him some support until Dream came to his side. "You think- you really think, you will just take the throne? Become king? It's comical."

Schlatt deepened his glare, his eyes burning through George who kept a strong front staring right back, "You see though, it's bigger than that George. I intend to be the top of the food chain, I eat everyone, no one eats me."