Sunrise Kisses

"Um- excuse me? Schlatt?" Alex peered into the large room.

"Oh Alex! Have you come with actual news today? Not just bullshit you heard from degenerates." Schlatt smiled sarcastically as he pinned around in his chair to face Alex. 

"Um- yes, Fundy and I were patrolling outside the castle grounds late last night and we saw King George..." Alex rubbled the back of his neck looking down. He felt like he was going to pass out from the amount of anxiety he felt when he spoke to Schlatt.

"Go on..." Schlatt raised his eyebrow and leaned his elbow on his desk in front of him.

"George was trying to see someone, we couldn't make out who because we didn't want to blow our cover." Alex lied. "He was going on about how he didn't want to be a king and how he was stripped from his home and all..." Schlatt laughed.

Alex and Fundy both decided that night that they would do whatever they could to not tell anyone about Phil. If Schlatt knew Phil was alive and he was the one that stole the baby prince from him he would be killed in a second. Alex and Fundy could not allow that to happen, not after how Phil treated them when they were little.

"Aw Prince George was feeling homesick? What a shame... It's okay, he won't have to deal with being king when I murder him in cold blood." Schlatt smiled. Alex felt his whole body shiver. Schlatt's statement was not even the most disturbing part, it was the fact he looked genuinely excited to spill blood.

"Well is that all?" Schlatt added sitting back in his chair. Alex gulped, "Well King George was with this other man, after hearing a bit of them talking I am pretty sure his name is Dream." Alex responded, his head still hanging low.

"Interesting... he is the boy from the orphanage, the knight. He is very skilled in combat from what I have heard." Schlatt said rubbing his chin. "You and Fundy will continue to spy on both Prince George and Dream and you will report back to me with any information. Do you understand?" Alex nodded quickly, "Yes sir."

"Now get out of my sight." Schlat shooed Alex out of his room. As Alex walked out into the hallway he felt a wave of uneasiness over him. He felt like he was on the wrong side of this war and for a second he contemplated risking it all and leaving with Fundy.

--------------------------------

George was not in as much trouble as he thought. Granted, Techno was furious and yelled at him for being so stupid, but other than that everything was fine. George was the king after all, no one could really tell him what to do. That night after Techno stormed out of Dream and George's room Dream and George could not stop laughing. They didn't know if it was sleep deprivation or if they had actually gone insane, maybe a little of both. But after they had said their goodnights and Dream had gone to bed, George found himself not being able to get any sleep... per usual. However, George was okay with it because he was left to think about the amazing night he had. 

George was sitting on the balcony when the sun rose, the way his room was positioned he could see the sun directly in front of him. He watched it slowly rise, and he listened how the birds started chirping. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He was absolutely exhausted. It had been a while since he had pulled a full all nighter. Usually he at least tries to get a good hour or so and that seems to hold him over but now he was completely wiped. 

George heard the balcony doors open gently and he looked over to see a sleepy Dream. After the month and a half of living with Dream, George realized how much of a sleeper Dream was. And he most defiantly was not a morning person, which was ironic considering he had to get up at sunrise every morning.