Seeing Ghosts

George walked slowly back to his room. His was in a battle with his mind. Phil was dead but George saw him, he touched him. His emotions flew through happiness, to sadness, and now anger. 

George still felt guilty, Phil died because Schlatt was after him. It was his fault Phil died painfully, without remorse. 

But George saw his father, and according to him he also saved him somehow. George didn't really understand, he knew some sort of energy came out of him but he never stopped to think about it. 

And George did not even want to think about Dream. He loved the boy with all of his heart but he could never risk holding him limp in his arms. He wouldn't be able to live, he is barely himself after Phil's death. 

He needed to distance himself from him, it's the only way. If he stays away, Dream won't get hurt... right?

George sluggishly pushed open the door to his room and went to the balcony. The sun had already set and the sky was painted with stars. George sighed, he hadn't stargazed since his Phil's death.

"What am I going to do?" George said to himself, holding his head in his hands. 

"Hmmm tough question." George jolted his head up to see Phil leaning on the balcony railing next to him, looking at the sky. 

"I get it you are a ghost or whatever but you don't need to keep scaring the shit out of me dad." Phil laughed with his hand on his stomach, "First I don't even know what I am, and second I like being mysterious, and it's funny."

George rolled his eyes smiling, "I've missed you so much." Phil kindly smiled, "I missed you more." George laughed as tear fell down his cheek and hugged his father tightly.

"I am so sorry. I never meant-" Phil broke away and stuck his finger out, "Don't you dare say what you are about to say George. I know you too well and this is not your fault."

George put his head down, "But it-" Phil grasped his hand, "It isn't son." George stared at Phil's hand on top of his and furrowed his eyebrows, "How can I see you? How can I feel you?"

Phil sighed, "Honestly, I don't know. I just couldn't stop thinking about you and then I appeared, and the same thing happened with Schlatt-"

George looked up, "The what?" Phil grinned, "Well to sum it up I gave Schlatt a little spook." George tried to find it humorous but he couldn't help the anger bubbling inside of him, "Schlatt was the one that did it didn't he?"

Phil's smile faded, "Yes, he did it, but he was with Minx too. But don't worry I didn't leave them unscathed." George shook is head, "That sick bastard-" Phil turned so his whole body was facing George, "George please tell me you are not thinking of-"

George cut his father off this time, "You cannot expect me to not get revenge father, you would be stupid to think I wouldn't want it." Phil slowly shook his head but smiled, "You have grown to be so strong, George."

Phil continued, "I would say you are not strong enough but considering you're a natural I feel like I should keep my mouth shut." George raised his eyebrow, he had not actually thought about it. He had to of been a natural, he did have some kind of powers.

"Yeah, but I don't know how to actually use any of it." Phil shrugged, "Don't you have that cleric friend? I bet he would help you get the hang of your abilities." George nodded, He didn't even know what is 'abilities' were, just that when he got angry the ground shook. 

"You know you are being fairly calm considering you son has magical abilities." Phil looked George dead in the eyes with an eyebrow raised, "I'm literally dead George."