Homesick

It has been a month since George was crowned king of Oryn.

George was doing well as king, he attended meetings, learned proper etiquette, and met loads of new people in the castle. 

That didn't mean the crown felt any lighter on his head. 

George still struggled with many tasks. He would never show his emotions however, if he was a king he couldn't be weak. Also, George still had trouble sleeping. He would get three hours at the most every night and it left his body aching before he even started the day.

Dream always seemed to make George's day a little better though. The two had become very close considering Dream physically wasn't permitted to leave George's side. But it wasn't just the fact they were stuck together, Dream and George genuinely enjoyed each other's company. They talked about their childhood stories, and Dream got to know quite a bit about George. That being said, Dream usually could figure out when George was feeling stressed or down. He knew George would never admit his feelings though so whenever he thought George was even the slightest bit off, he would make it his goal to make George smile.

"Wake up sleeping beauty!" Dream chucked a pillow at George's head. George of course was already awake but he still enjoyed the warmth of his bed. 

"Fuck off." George mumbled as he buried his head under the covers

"Oh boy, someone seems to be moody already." Dream giggled. George just groaned again completely covered by the covers.

Dream knew he should act more professional when it came to George and him being the king and all but George would never allow it. Every time he even called him 'your highness' or 'majesty' George would get angry at him saying he didn't want to be called that. So Dream acted like himself, meaning he could defiantly go leap on George's bed and annoy the shit out of him.

Dream did just that as he jumped on the bed throwing his body on top of George's. George however didn't even move. Dream was surprised by this and for a second he thought he had knocked him out. 

"Are you dead?" Dream asked laughing sitting up in a sitting position with his legs hanging off the side of George's bed.

"Yes." George grumbled as he uncovered his head and sat up. 

Dream looked at George who had hair pointing in every direction and smiled. His smiled faded though when he saw the extremely dark under eye bags George wore. Dream was a light sleeper and some nights would hear George moving around but he thought that was just George shuffling as he slept. He never thought it was because he wasn't sleeping at all.

"Did you sleep okay, Georgie?" George scoffed at the nickname.

"I slept just fine, Dream." He got out of bed rolling his eyes.

George felt like he had to personally lift each leg as he trudged to his bathroom. He felt dead. At least George's room had a balcony though. At night when he would stargaze he would be reminded of home and when him and Phil would sit on the roof. 

Speaking of Phil, George had only seen him once since his permeant stay at the castle. He came to visit and they spent the day together. They did however, send letters everyday to each other but it didn't help George. George needed to see Phil, he missed him too much.

"So I was thinking..." George yelled from his shower to Dream.

"Oh god that's not good." He chucked as he sharpened his sword.

"Shut up." George combed the shampoo through his hair, "I think I am going to ask Techno if I can go see Phil tonight. When I asked him last he was all serious with rules but he didn't necessarily say no."