FLATLINE

In which the unknown daughter of Mark Sloan gets transferred to Seattle Grace Hospital

•••

ESME DUBOIS SLOAN is the daughter of the legendary Bella Dubious and the infamous Mark Sloan. Her mother and father had known each other their whole lives and soon enough they fell in love. That night happened and soon enough her mother got pregnant at sixteen. Bella fled to Boston, only leaving a simple note saying she was safe to her parents. Nine months later and Esme popped out. Bella hadn't known what to do with Esme. She didn't know whether to give her up for adoption or to keep. So she decided to keep her. Lucky for her, she had met Ellis at the same hospital and Ellis was quick to admire the young girl. Esme had been raised in Boston her whole life with Meredith Grey being her best friend since a Esme was just a baby in a crib and Meredith being only five. She considered Meredith her sister and Ellis her second mother. Esme had been basically the smartest kid in her class and even managed to skip 2nd, 4th, 5th, 8th and 10th grade. She went to Yale at fourteen, which was rare, and went to Medical school at John Hopkins at only eighteen. She managed to become a surgical intern at Mercy West hospital and made a few friends. The ones she really did like was April Kepner and most of all Jackson Avery. She thought her life was going so well until she ended up getting transferred to Seattle Grace Hospital. She thought her life was still going to be the same. But, oh she thought wrong.

•••

The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and worst of your life.

•••

CAST

ESME DUBOIS-SLOAN PLAYED BY KAREN GILLAN

"Everyone's sunshine"

BELLA DUBOIS PLAYED BY JESSICA CHASTAIN