17

Dream a little of me: Part two Season five, episode two

Season five, episode two

"CHIEF, I know the hypothermia is protective to her vital organs, how much longer do you think we can go like this?" Bailey spoke up in a nervous tone.

"Meredith lasted four hours!" Richard replied and Bailey took a deep breath.

"Yeah, but—"

"No! This is not— this is Bella Dubois and Mark Sloan's little girl!" Richard shouted as he kept doing compressions with a frustrated look on his face.

"We're all on the same side here, chief," Dr. Scott told him and Richard stopped doing compressions and Bailey took over.

"Her body temps at eight five degrees," Richard informed them, "She is not dead until she is warm and dead. We need to warm her up to 98.6 and start her heart."

"Yes, chief."

"Come on, let's do a gastric lavage with warm fluids."

•••

Miracles happen everyday. They happen everyday in medicine. But, sometimes they don't always happen when you need it the most.

•••

ESME had been staring wide eyed at both Ellis and her uncle Beau.

She had been staring at them for god knows how long.

They had been in Seattle Grace. Instead of it looking lively, it looked downright gloomy.

"Esme," Beau greeted her in a calm tone and Esme didn't respond which caused him to turn to Ellis, "She's freaking out."

"She's fine," Ellis replied back in a annoyed tone.

God, she's still a bitch even when she's dead, Esme though to herself and Ellis glared at her.

"I can read your mind you know," Ellis spoke up and Esme immediately shut down all her thoughts, "Anyways, she's fine."

"I've been dead for over fifteen years and you've only been dead for less than a year. I know a hell of a lot more than you," Beau snapped at her.

"Does it look like a care?" Ellis and Beau had been bickering with each other at that point, while Esme only sat there.

"I'm not the one who got Alzheimer's and died of a heart attack," Beau lashed out on her.