06

King fu fighting Season four, Episode six

King fu fighting
Season four, Episode six

ESME laid on Cristina's bed alongside Cristina and Meredith while Callie slept on the couch in the living room.

Callie and Esme had managed to get on good terms after the whole George and Izzie thing.

But right now, Cristina reading a book for both Esme's and Meredith's experiences to figure out if they need a therapist.

"Okay, what are your other symptoms?" Cristina asked Meredith as Esme stared out the window.

"Okay, there's the father thing...the mother thing, the sister thing. Mm, the dying-and-coming-back-to-life thing," Meredith listed as Cristina looked down at the book.

"You have too many things."

"I can't sleep. I can't sleep without the dreaming," Meredith told her.

"And the panic attack?" Esme added on.

"One. One panic attack," Meredith reminded them.

"Okay, still."

"What's wrong with me?" Meredith asked, a curious look on her face.

"As far as I can tell, severe abandonment issues," Cristina told Meredith before looking towards Esme, "Now. Moving onto you. What are your symptoms?"

"Well, there's my father not being there. There's my mother thing. Having a famous family full of surgeons including my grandparents and doing what's expected of me. There's my uncle getting murdered in front of me. There's my ex-boyfriend from Med school that would beat the living crap out of me. My boyfriend cheating on me. And now again with the father thing," Esme replied, a normal look on her face like it was nothing.

"The panic attacks as well," Both Cristina and Meredith said in unison.

"That too."

"Okay so, as far as I know— Post-traumatic stress disorder also known as PSTD and Depression," Cristina spoke up as she held a confused look on her face, "Jesus, why are you so happy all the time then?"

"I'm happy all the time because I'm happy not depressed," Esme replied in a annoyed tone.

"That's crap. Psych is crap," Meredith spoke up in a disgusted tone, "Issues?"

"I mean, it's—it's in the book," Cristina argued, "The book said it. Not me."

"Have you considered maybe you and Derek should...stop having breakup sex?" Cristina suggested and Meredith only sent her a look, "Okay."

"And you should stop thinking about the ex-boyfriend that cheated on you. How are you still in love with him even though he cheated on you?" Cristina suggested also and Esme scoffed.