01

Didn't we almost have it all? Season three, Episode Twenty-five

Season three, Episode Twenty-five

2007

ESME walked the halls of Seattle Grace Hospital, trying to figure out where everything is before she would start her first day in Seattle Grace in two weeks.

She was walking the hallway before she bumped into a woman who had short hair. Before she could react, the woman had already apologized.

"Oh my god I'm sorry! I didn't see you there, I just got distracted by everything in the hospital," The woman tried apologizing and Esme only smiled.

"It's okay. I'm new to the hospital actually. I'm just looking around before I start in two weeks," Esme told her and the woman looked at her with interest.

"Are you an intern? Because I am," the woman told her and Esme shook her head no.

"I'm—a second year resident. From Mercy West actually," Esme told her and the woman sighed in dismay.

"I'm stuck with those ones I guess," The woman said before stretching her hand out, "I'm Lexie. Lexie Grey."

Esme furrowed her eyebrows. She had immediately thought back to Meredith, who she hadn't seen in years, but she brushed it off.

"Esme. Esme Dubois-Sloan," Esme greeted back and Lexie smiled, "I should get going. I only explored like one fourth of this hospital."

"It was nice meeting you. I should probably get going too," Lexie told her with a smile before walking off.

Esme only smiled before walking down the hall and stopping in front of what seemed to look like a locker room.

She soon saw a man in a tuxedo and decided to approach him.

"Um, excuse me, what's this room? I'm just looking around the hospital," Esme asked him with a small smile.

The man soon turned around to look at her, "Oh, um—this is the interns locker room."

"Oh, thanks for responding. What's your name?" Esme asked in a calm tone.

"George O'Malley. I'm a—intern here. Basically I was supposed to be a resident right now but I failed—" He started to say nervously and Esme stopped him.

"It's nice to meet you. It's okay to not pass. I'm sure you'll get it next time, you seem like a good doctor anyways. But, anyways I'm Esme. Esme Dubois-Sloan," Esme introduced herself and George's eyes widened.

He knew who Bella Dubois was. Everyone knew who Bella Dubois was. She was famous everywhere around the world. People around the world had always wanted her to operate on them. Bella had even been the daughter of two famous surgeons in France. George had even been kept up most nights along with Meredith, Izzie, and Alex because Cristina wouldn't stop talking about her and her famous procedures.