16

Dream a little dream of me: Part OneSeason five, episode one

Season five, episode one

ESME was drowning.

She managed to get her head back up to the surface, but she couldn't say anything. She tried screaming and screaming until somebody would hear her, but it was no use.

She tried screaming Owen's name.

Nothing.

She tried screaming the word help.

Nothing.

Finally, she tried screaming Jackson's name.

Nothing.

She thought of Archie, Marcella and her mom. She just wanted to see Archie become a world class neonatal surgeon, or see Marcella graduate from Med school and start her journey on becoming an amazing surgeon. She wanted to see her mom get her happy ending and maybe even have a whole foundation under her name.

She thought of her adopted five year sister, Coraline, who her mother adopted five years ago from Vietnam after she left her second tour in Iraq. Esme wouldn't get to see her grow up.

Hell, she even thought to her secret brother or sister. She wanted to find out who they were, but it would be impossible.

She thought back to her best friends. Alex, April, Cristina, Izzie, George, and Meredith.

She wanted to see Alex become an amazing Peds surgeon and get shown how good of a person he is.

She wanted to see April come out of her shell and see her become a swan instead of remaining a duckling.

She wanted to see Cristina became the best Cardiothoracic surgeon apart from her mother and even win an Harper Avery that she always wanted.

She wanted to see Izzie find the specialty that makes her feel at home instead of chasing around everywhere looking for one.

She wanted to see George pass his intern exam and get to see him become an outstanding surgeon. She didn't get to tell him, but he's her person.

She wanted to see Meredith become a successful surgeon instead of constantly being in her mother's shadow. She even wanted to see her have her happy ending with Derek.

She thought back to Derek. She was his sidekick. He was supposed to teach her all these things just so she could become a badass Neurosurgeon.