01

Season Six, Episode One Good Mourning

Good Mourning

TW: There will be mentions of Depression and Suicidal thoughts. If any of these topics are harmful to you, you don't have to read of ahead in this chapter.

SEVEN DAYS.

It had been seven days since George O'Malley died.

It had been seven days since Esme lost her best friend and person.

Esme had been lying on her bed all week. She was planning on moving in with Jack this week, but then George's death happened getting Esme into a depressive state.

She didn't come out of her room expect going to the bathroom, hell she barely got off her bed.

The last time she felt like this was when she was eighteen.

Why me?

Esme had constantly repeated those two words to herself for seven days.

All she's been met with her twenty five years of living was constant pain.

She wanted to live a normal life. A life where there was no pain.

She could've been living a perfect life with her family's money, but instead from a very young age she decided to throw herself into becoming a surgeon to help people.

The six year old Esme thought it would be magical.

Well, twenty five old Esme thinks of it as hell now.

She had no idea what would happen on her path to becoming a surgeon, but she certainly thought it wouldn't be this awful.

In only a year and a half of being in this hospital, she had been met with things that didn't come near to her intern year at Mercy West.

Finding out you work in the same hospital as your birth father, nearly dying, finding out you have another sister, getting far more worse cases, one of your close friends getting cancer and then your person dying after being hit by a bus.

What more can happen? Esme thought to herself.

Oh she had no idea what was in store for her.

_____________

JACK walked into Esme's room with a distressed look on his face.