Chapter 21: Call me

"Everyone! Channel 7! They've got Gray Zone on camera!" Everyone in the conference room, especially Deku, turned their heads to the TV screen.

"This is channel 7 new live from the central plaza and it seems as if the noted Villain Gray Zone has finally spoken up! Although he doesn't show his face-" The channel quickly changed their video towards a masked man in a dimly lit room.

"Well?! What are you waiting for number one??? I heard you were looking for me! So here I am!" the room slowly lit up as he took the camera to a rooftop. Deku balled his hands into fists, he instantly recognized the location.

"I want everyone on high alert! Get that place secured and evacuate all civilians immediately!" That was the last thing he said before rushing out the door, Uravity trailing right behind him as they made it to the scene.

'Fuming' was one way to put it.

Deku already had a tight grip, letting his black whips slowly leak out along with green sparks that flickered around him, getting more and more violent by the minute.

It almost seemed as if he was the villain.

As he arrived at the location, there he was, the one person that Deku was actually considering taking his life before anything else. "What are you waiting for?" Gray Zone dared to push his limits. Deku didn't even answer or even hear Uravity's warnings as he jumped toward him for the first hit. "Perfect."

-

You slowly blinked your eyes open, the dim light not helping you try to recognize your surroundings.

"What the?" You tried to rub your eyes but yet again you were tied down to a chair. "Where am I?" you asked out loud.

"You're just in time songbird!" It was clearly Amplifica's voice from afar. "Here let me catch you up to speed." There was a clicking noise and that's when you noticed that there was a t.v in the room. "You're hero's getting an ass-whooping of a lifetime." She let out a chuckle.

You watched with wide eyes seeing him continue to battle it out with Gray Zone. He was all beaten up but he kept fighting nonetheless. Even with Uravity by his side, you were skeptical about how this would all turn out.

"I'll let you enjoy the finale." You didn't care if she left you alone, you were just hoping Deku and Uravity would get out of this alive.

Come on Deku, you can do it! You chanted in your mind in hopes that it would somehow help completely forget your own current situation.

"Detroit...Smash!" He shouted as he ran up to Grey Zone with a high kick. The villain countered it with his quirk and held his ground that is until Uravity came from behind and managed to get him to float

"Look at that immense power!" The news reporter shouted over the rumbling noise of Deku's attack. The villain was losing and Deku could tell, with the last of his strength he pushed down and practically flung him miles away, making him tumble and roll until he reached a stop, unconscious and beaten.

The crowd that formed far from the fight burst into cheers and you let go of a breath you were holding since the tv was turned on.

"And there you have it! Once again Deku was able to come to the rescue!" The reporter praised as she motioned the cameraman to zoom in on Deku who was sitting on a pile of rubble, almost out of breath. He looked so tired and out of it as Uravity was helping him sit up.

"Just as always, Uravity is there for her partner!" The reporter added. You watched in relief, glad he made it out alive.

All too soon the TV shut off, making the room go dark again, a single fluorescent light that would flicker every so often, barely letting you see anything in the room.

After what seemed like hours you could hear the clicking of heels which was different from Amplifa's shuffling sneaker noise.

You slowly turned around to see a different face. She looked more mature, Jeans that hugged her curves and a deep blue blouse, dark brown hair that was only about shoulder length that perfectly framed her face.

"That was pretty exciting wasn't it?" You could hear the smirk in her tone. "And that's not even half of what's to come."

It was only when she walked under the light that you recognized her face. "Aren't you...Mika Kuromiya? That reporter girl?"

"Oh? Do I have a fan? Well, I'm pretty relevant, especially now." She had a faint smile playing on her lips. As she walked away to grab what seemed like a metal chair.

She dragged it on the floor creating a high-pitched noise that didn't seem to bother her and stopped right in front of you. She set it straight and took a seat, legs crossed formally with her hands neatly folded on top of her lap.

"Now, why don't you and I have a little chat?"

"What do you want from me, Mika?" You asked bravely.

"There's so much you can do for me, I don't even know where to begin!" She seemed genuinely pleased as took out a small notebook along with a pen. "Oh, and by the way," She clicked her pen. "you can call me Gray Zone."