Chapter 19: A lot worse.

You spent most of the evenings back from work in front of the t.v. You weren't sure what you were watching the news for. To keep up to date with the city's ongoing criminal activity or, you didn't want to admit it, to see De- Izuku and his safety.

Your fingers curled over the remote to finally shut it off. Just as you did, you get a ping from your phone.

You clicked the notification.

"Thanks to the Number one hero, Deku, I was able to get a reduced sentence and now here I am." It was that news reporter, streaming a live video with her fans on one of the sidewalks.

You were proud, if nothing else, that Izuku was able to get her out. He does have the biggest of hearts. Always thinking of others before himself. His reassuring words of security, not just to you, but to all of Japan... but you couldn't help but feel safe around him.

His smile...

His laugh...

You grunt. "That's enough of that. We live in two different worlds." I knew we couldn't make it work. But secretly you had wished it nonetheless.

Then came the sound of a static blast and bursting glass came from the video. Before you knew it the streetlights burst and your lights had gone off and all that was left was the light shining from your phone screen.

"Did you see that?" The reporter was still online, with wonky connection, but you could make out the huge chunk of concrete that was missing from the street and half of a building was gone.

Just as she reported the incident a flash of green swoops down and heads straight to the cause.

With the darkness of night, you could hardly see him, but the flashlights shining in the direction of the fight helped. "It seems Deku has stopped moving. Could this be the effects of a quirk?" Deku was standing as still as a rock, not even attempting to stop whoever was causing all the havoc. In a quick rush of red, Deku was thrust back into the road. A collective gasp was audible through the streaming.

It can't be.

Your heart dropped to your stomach. Eijiro. Your eyes glued to the current exchange between Deku and Red Riot.

A sudden force came over you and you sprinted out of the apartment, driving to the location you thought both heroes were at. You weren't even sure what you were doing. As if you would actually be able to make a difference there, you drove. Your hands tightened on the steering wheel as police barricaded the road with police cars to stop anyone from getting hurt.

"Eijiro." Don't. You pleaded internally wishing he would somehow be able to hear you.

I'm coming.

You tried going on foot, but the police weren't having it. "But I can help!" You pleaded.

"Miss, it's too dangerous."

"No, I can. Please," the man wasn't budging. "Just let-" you huffed, back-tracking back to your car.

You didn't wait to be rejected again, so you ran back to your car, took the detour and headed for Celest, she could get to them. Your heart was pounding, if not anything else, Kirishima was still your friend and you couldn't stand by and watch him make such a massive mistake.

You drove to her apartment, your hands shaking from the amount of time you had already wasted.

Your eyes instinctively chasing on someone moving in the corner of your eye, heading for a back alley. In one quick glance, your breath got caught in your throat. Leaving your car where it stood, you jumped out and ran to the person.