Chapter 6: when did I...

You slowly woke up feeling a bit disoriented as you tried to sit down.

"Oh, you're awake." A kind looking nurse said with a sweet smile. "I'll inform the others." She said as she went for a nearby phone. You just kinda had a confused look on your face as you looked around, trying to remember what happened.

Right, I was in the middle of the fight and ended up knocked out from loss of blood.

Your eyes wandered around the room until you noticed that there was only one bed in the room, and it was yours.

"A private room?" You thought out loud.

"What's that?" The nurse asked, turning her attention towards you.

"I can't afford this." You said automatically feeling your blood run cold at the thought of the enormous bill you would have to pay.

"Oh don't worry, the young man that came by to drop you off is the one in charge of the fee." You slowly nodded your head and instantly knew who she was talking about.

Private room, personal nurse, I must've stayed here at least a full day...

"Excuse me, how much is he paying by the hour?"

"Let's see, with all included it would be about 10000 yen." You immediately detached the finger heart rate thing and got out of bed to grab your jacket.

"Thanks for the service!" You quickly put on your shoes and rushed out of the hospital to check out at the receptionist's desk. Once that was done you let out a long sigh and made your way back home.

You talked to Celest, telling her how sorry you were about not being able to be there at work and you told her that you were, either way, gonna go to work. Celest protested against it since she wanted you to heal properly but you told her that you were already on your way there and nothing was gonna stop you.

You got back to work and helped around the kitchen since there was still the problem of the shortage in ingredients, so you had to make do with what you had.

"Sui, I need you at table 6 please." Instructed Celest. Meanwhile, you were secretly using your quirk to get a few more customers since, after the battle, people were kinda afraid to come by.

"♪Don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing gonna be all right. Singin' don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing gonna be all right!♪" You sang cheerfully as a few people started coming in, making the bell on top of the door ring continuously.

Just when it about closing time, Celest gave you a wink indicating that you could stop using your quirk. You nodded and sang normally. It was a long day and you were pretty tired out. You were a bit bummed out that Izuku didn't come because you wanted to somehow repay him for taking you to the hospital.

But he never came, and for about a week you haven't seen him which worried you. But who could blame him? After that robbery, he had to be on high alert and he had to stay later than usual with the investigation teams to see if there was going to be another attack or if there was some kind of pattern, but sadly, they came up with nothing.

It was another long day and Izuku was leaving his company building. Thankfully he talked to his sidekicks and told them to cover for him tomorrow because he really needed to rest and relax at least for a day which they understood.

As he walked down the street he could see Celestial Cafe right around the corner but he could also see you at the door already flipping the open sign to closed. He let out a sigh but nonetheless made is way over.

He hesitantly opened the door, hearing the bell ring.

"Sorry but we're closed for the da- Oh, hey there Izuku." It was Celest who greeted him first but he could hear footsteps rapidly coming towards him.