Chapter 12: Making the right choice

Things were finally going smoothly and 'Celestial Cafe' was almost ready.

"Looks like we'll be able to open by tomorrow morning." Celest wiped her forehead as she sat down. You two were arranging the last of the tables and decorations which took you two a lot longer than you expected.

"Yeah, and Tomiko said that the new employees are ready to start tomorrow too so that's a plus." You added with a sigh and took a sip from your sports drink.

You two turned your attention towards the door when you heard it ring. "Looks like I got here just in time." Of course, it was your knight in shining armor coming to the rescue with,

"FOOD!" You shouted.

"Hello to you too Y/n." Izuku chuckled. You were already chomping down on one of the sandwiches and simply wave your hand as a greeting.

"Thanks for coming by Izuku," Celest spoke up seeing you weren't going to talk for a while, well at least until there was no food left. Izuku handed the other bag to your friend before you could take her share away. "How have you been?"

"Good, work is less hectic than usual so that's good." He gave a small smile. "Although after this I've gotta get back. So what's left for the cafe?"

"Just the customers." Celest let out a short laugh. "We got everything done thankfully, all that's left is to open up tomorrow morning."

"Yup! And check it out! We've even got a better sound system than before!" You chimed in since you finally gulped down your food.

"She speaks!" Celest joked making Izuku laugh while you pouted.

"Well I can clearly see that the change was for the better, this place seems bigger than the last one." Izuku started walking around trying to see every little detail. There were more tables, a few new coffee machines, not to mention the spacious storage and extensive baking equipment.

"Yup! Things happen for a reason ya know?"

"Yeah." Izuku took a side glance at you, a soft smile playing on his lips. "Well, I'd better get going. What do you two say about coming to my place tonight to celebrate the grand re-opening?" He offered.

"I've got plans tonight, sorry about that." Celest scratched the back of her head embarrassed about turning his offer down.

"No problem, maybe another time." He turned to look at you. "Pick you up at 7?"

"Sure thing!"

-

You walked inside the familiar apartment taking off your shoes in the process. It was starting to feel more and more like home every time you would walk in.

"What game do you wanna play today?" Izuku asked as he settled down the grocery bags on the table. You were prepared for that question and rummaged through your bag and took out a tall metal box.

"I brought Jenga!" You announced proudly making your boyfriend laugh.

"Great! Let's eat dinner first and-" Izuku paused for a moment as he looked through the bags.

"What's wrong?" You asked and walked over to him.

"I forgot the drinks,"

"Don't worry about it, we can just drink water." You shrugged not wanting to complicate anything.

"No, I can run down to the store real quick and get us something, can you wait here a while?" He asked politely with his hands clapped in front of him as a sort of apology. You couldn't help but chuckle and playfully roll your eyes.