Chapter 15: Call me Celestial

"Welcome to Celestial Cafe!" You greeted excitedly from the center stage. "If you have any request please let the lovely waitresses know!" The place was packed and it was time to let your voice shine once again.

"♪It's been a long time coming, coming. Seeming like we all been running, running,♪" It fills your heart with joy seeing all the old and new customers smiling and enjoying themselves as they ate and listened to your cover of Love by Imagine Dragons.

One after the other you would hear the bell ring from people coming in and out with smiles on their faces.

In the corner of your eye, you could see Tomiko place another piece of paper with a song written on it.

Wow, people really want to listen to 'Into the unknown'.

You thought with a chuckle. You were happy to give what the customers asked for, that was one of the perks of the Cafe.

After doing your usual set you let the audience know you would be on your break and that you would be back in 15 minutes. You took off your guitar and went to go get the remote control to turn on the tv news while you weren't going to sing.

"We're here as a catastrophic scene is unfolding." You furrowed your eyebrows hearing the unsettling news.

Is it Deku?

You asked yourself. You didn't know what was going on, all you could see so far was Ice, and a lot of it.

"The pro-hero Shoto is facing up against a gang of miscreants terrorizing a local neighborhood pharmaceutical store and from what we've been told there are several people being held hostage, but- " The reporter took the time to glance at the magnificent structure, visibly shivering from the cool air surrounding it, even from a distance of about 4 shops off. A huge crystallization of ice blasted and barricaded the hero and the criminals within the proximity of the store from all sides.

"Looks like another villain attack, and this one's bigger than the last." Tomiko spoke up catching your attention.

"What happened in the last one?" You asked as you continued watching the screen.

"I think it was something about robbing an Iron factory? Although the villains got away." She let out a small sigh as she combed her hand through her short blond hair. Unconsciously your hands were holding each other in stress.

This all seemed so out of the blue, why were all these villains coming up all of a sudden?

The reporter turned her gaze back at the camera. Before she could get a word out, an ear-piercing screech resonated from the direction of what looked like a pharmacy, loud enough to shatter the ice that once surrounded them.

Just as quickly, flames flared towards the door of the store, charring the inner half of the sidewalk, before reaching the criminals inside. A quick dash and one of the robbers shielded the other, the flames deflected with alarming speed and force.

That's when the mic slipped out of her hands.

Off-camera, there just so happened to be a woman standing in the line of where the fire was heading. In neck-break speed, the reporter pushed the bystander out of the way, while creating a barrier to protect both from the ongoing blaze.

Shoto was late to notice.

A bit too late, since he apprehended the criminals and brought all the hostages out safely.

Everything was being filmed live for all to see, "What kind of irresponsible hero makes such a rookie mistake?" The woman stomped her way towards the hero. "Couldn't you see? Didn't you think?" She was visibly shaking and no longer because of the cold. "You put these people in more danger than the criminals did. What would you do if something happened to them, huh?"