Chapter 5: Blacking Out

"Pretty slow day huh." You commented on seeing the almost empty coffee place even though it was morning and this would be the time with a decent amount of people.

"Yeah," Celest let out a sigh. "Hey, can you help me get a sack of sugar from the back, were all out." You nodded your head and followed her to the storage room. Celest walked in first and turned on the lights only to gasp. You moved it aside to see what she was so shocked about.

"Crap the water pipe broke!" Celest struggled to get rags and towels or anything for that matter to dry up the materials that were getting wet. You thought quickly and rushed to the main water valve and shut it off.

You rushed back to see if it worked and you were glad to see the water pressure go down. Celest looked so defeated as she slid to the ground. "This was a month's worth of ingredients..." She combed a stressed hand through her red hair.

You looked around feeling terrible about how things turned out but you were distracted when you hear a ding from the front counter. "A customer..." You barely whispered. "D-Don't worry, we'll fix this!" You carefully walked over to the owner of the store and helped her up from the small puddle of water that had formed.

"You attend to the customers with what's already made and I'll run to the store and get enough materials for today and then we can think about getting someone to fix that pipe and the rest of the ingredients."

Celest wiped away the accumulated tears away and nodded. "Yeah, it's what we can do for now..." She patted her face a few times to get her energy back and readied herself. "Everything will be fine!" She said proudly. You grinned at her newfound enthusiasm and rushed out of the store to leave her with the oncoming customers.

You ran down the streets of Japan to a wholesale store nearby and started looking around for the similar products you would usually get. It was pretty quick, given the fact that you were constantly running around, and you got out your credit card to pay for the materials; you can sort out the spending issue later.

"Thank you so much, this is the address where you need to send it too." You handed over a small paper to the cashier and he nodded politely as he typed it down in the information log.

"Alright it'll be there in about 1-2 hours and-" Your conversation was interrupted by rumbling followed by a blast near the front entrance of the store.

"What the-" You coughed a few times and squinted to try and see through all the debris and dust that was caused by the explosion. You didn't even have time to think as you watched four shapes cut through the debris. They were wearing black hoodies and black sweatpants, they looked like typical robbers which made you pretty confused as to what the hell they were planning on doing.

"You search the back, you two get the left and right side." What seemed like the leader turned to look at the cashier in front of you. "I'll get the money." He said with a sickening grin. You were startled when you heard the alarm system startup.

"Get out of here, go!" You urged the cashier and he didn't even hesitate in leaving you behind from how frightened he was. You readied yourself for whatever was going to throw at you. After spending so much time with different kinds of heroes some of that had to rub off on you.

"Move aside little lady." The tall lean man warned. You were in a bit of a panic and no good songs really came to mind. "You don't know who you're dealing with." He raised his hand ready to strike but you went and blurt out any song.

"♪What do you want from me? Why don't you run from me? What are you wondering? What do you know?" The guy looked confused at first but you could see it in his eyes that he was slowly getting affected by your quirk. "♪Why aren't you scared of me? Why do you care for me? When we all fall asleep, where do we go?♪" He seemed stuck in a trance and you weren't really sure what kind of emotions he would get from the lyrics but at least that gave you some time to think of a better song.