Chapter Nine

Art by me! Basically Leon throughout this whole fanfic tbh

  Much to Leon's dismay, he did wake up the next morning. He grabbed his phone and slid it off the nightstand and brought it close to his face to check his social media when he noticed he'd gotten a text.

Daddy Rules: Good morning Leon, and I hope this message finds you in high spirits! I hope you slept well last night! Greet the day with a smile, because I believe in you! I am excited to see you at school!

  God this man is practically begging me to wife him up.

  Leon got up and went about his daily routine, and when he got in his car, decided he wouldn't be going to school. He took out his phone and called Kazuichi because he didn't want to skip alone. That'd be boring as hell. The moment he pressed the call button, a wave of guilt overcame him. How dare he inconvenience Kaz by asking him for something so selfish? He should just jump into a hole and die.

  "Yo. Whatcha calling me so early for?"

  "Wanna skip?"

  "Hell yeah."

  "Cool. I'll pick you up."

  Leon hung up and banged his forehead on the steering wheel. God he's so fucking stupid. Now he's gotta go inconvenience Kaz even more. God he's such a fucking screw up.

  He knew the directions to Kaz's house like it was the back of his hand. They were best friends after all, and Leon couldn't count the amount of times he drove over because of Kaz's shitty dad. Leon hated his own dad, but Kaz's dad was way worse. 

  He arrived, and Kazuichi was already standing on the side of the road. He opened the door and plopped himself down into the passenger's seat.

  "Hey." Kaz greeted.

  "Hey." Leon replied, not looking at him. Kaz closed the door and put his bag in the backseat.

  "Any reason you wanted to skip today?" Kaz asked, bracing himself as Leon started driving.

  Leon drove slowly, trying to alleviate the affects motion sickness had on Kaz's body. "Yeah. But we can talk about that later?" Talking would only distract Kaz from keeping the contents of his stomach inside, and Leon really didn't want vomit all over his dashboard again. That and he wanted to delay this talk for a bit longer. 

  Kaz looked at him for a long time before looking straight ahead at the road. "Sure man."

  Leon drove them around for a bit before driving back to his home. With his parents gone now, they'd have the whole house to themselves. When they got inside, the aspiring musician collapsed on the couch with a drama only he could achieve. Kaz sat next to him, tapping his fingers on his knees.

  "So, what's up?" He questioned with a small tilt of his head.

  "I fucked up."

  "How?"

  "I accidentally sorta kissed Mondo, and I think he hates me now."

  "Why do you think that?"

  Leon sat up suddenly, flexing his fingers in frustration. "Th-the way he looked at me! He looked so uncomfortable!" He buried his face in his hands and felt tears prick the edges of his eyes. Man, when did he become such a crybaby? "He-he fucking hates me! I know it!"

  "Hey, hey, calm down." Kazuichi wrapped his arm around Leon's shoulders. "Tell me exactly what happened."

  Leon did. And by the end of the explanation, he was a sobbing and hiccuping mess.