Scars Part 4

The air was thick with the tension and silence between the three.

George stared at his best friend in disbelief. He didn't know what he was expecting but it was nothing close to this.

He wanted to say something, anything to comfort his best friend but he was at a total loss for words. He was never the best at expressing his emotions compared to Sapnap and Dream. He was always aware of this and it was just frustrating for George seeing Sapnap in this much pain and not know how to comfort him.

So George slowly walked up to Sapnap and wrapped him around his dry towel that he dropped earlier. While George was close to Sapnap, he wiped the tears from Sapnap's face. All this time he never even noticed how broken his best friend was. His eyes shifted to the obvious marks on Sapnap's torso, he looked at each scar, bruise, and mark that he never knew existed. His stomach twisted just thinking about how those came to be.

"Who..." Dream's voice cut through the silence.

George and Sapnap looked back at Dream, he looked murderous.

"Who did this to you?"

"I don't-"

"Sapnap. Who the fuck did this to you?" Dream shook his head knowing Sapnap was about to avoid the question.

"My dad." Sapnap mumbled.

"How come you never told us?"

Sapnap paused.

"I don't... I don't know. I thought I can handle it, I have for as long as I can remember. And I didn't want to lose you guys."

"Hey now, you'll never lose us Sap, why would you think that?" George cut in.

"Because look at me! I'm weak, I'm ugly, I'm worthless, I deserve all of this..." Sapnap's voice shook as he looked away from the two of them.

"You're none of those things and- and you don't deserve to be abused like this... Why would you think of yourself like that?" Dream hissed.

"You're just lying to me! Stop lying to me I'm sick of it! Just tell me the truth already, I can take it... I swear I can! I just-" Sapnap broke down, covering his face with his hands.

Dream walked over to Sapnap and George, and gently held Sapnap's shoulders. Sapnap winced at the touch which made Dream frown and soften his hold a bit.

"I'm not lying, this is all the truth, you're our best friend, our brother. Okay? Whether you accept that or not, we're always going to be here for you." Sapnap lowered his hands from his face, blankly staring at Dream now.

"Don't ever think of yourself like that again." Dream carefully pulled him into a hug.

Sapnap stood still with Dream's arms wrapped around him. Sapnap's arms stayed at his sides.

He felt so empty and vulnerable.

No matter what Dream or George says or does, it won't undo what his parents did to him.

It had been ingrained in his head for years that he didn't deserve to be loved like this.

But to his surprise Sapnap felt himself hug Dream back and dig his face into Dream's chest.

George was still clearly in shock by all of this but eventually went over to the two and wrapped his arms around the both of them.

Sapnap slowly closed his eyes, as Dream and George hugged him. He was reminded of their first hug at the airport, the feeling of safety and love flooded him again.

They stayed in their hug for a little while until George felt Sapnap shiver.

He pulled away from the hug and said "Why don't we get you in some dry clothes huh? We don't want you to get sick."