Scorching Flames Part 2

Chapter Disclaimers: 

Flashback/dreaming sequences, cussing, blood, and mentions of arson/suicide.

*I have little to no medical/firefighter knowledge so I apologize in advance if there are any inaccuracies*

It was hard for Sapnap to see through all the smoke in the house as he followed close behind George, trying to comfort the cat in his arms (and himself) he petted the cat gently.

"Bad? Do you copy?" George asks into his walkie-talkie.

Although it bothered him that the walkie-talkie was malfunctioning, Sapnap felt relieved as the two were close to the exit, they were almost out when Sapnap heard a creaking sound come from the ceiling.

The ceiling was going to collapse, there was no time to warn George, Sapnap had to act now.

He quickly pushed George forward to safety, afterwards, he immediately felt everything crashing down on top of him.

"CLEAR!"

"Are you even listening to me?" Dream asked.

Sapnap turned his head towards Dream. They were both sitting on the roof of their house with the sun setting in front of them. Dream looked younger, his dirty blond hair was cut shorter like how it was when they were back in the fire academy.

"Wh- what'd you say?" Sapnap asked, tilting his head.

"See I knew you weren't listening," Dream chuckled.

"I was saying since the three of us are in the same fire station, we're gonna be going on a lot of calls together." He explained.

"Well duh." Sapnap sarcastically remarked.

Dream rolled his eyes but continued in a more serious tone, "All I'm saying is the three of us are going to have to protect each other and be there for each other, you know? I guess I'm just afraid things might change once all of us start working together."

Sapnap tilted his head at Dream, "What're you talking about? No matter what happens, we'll always be the same ol' Dream Team!"

Dream shook his head, "God, you're so cheesy."

"You're the one that started it with all the sappy shit," Sapnap said.

"Just don't know what I'd do without you or George." Dream sadly smiled.

Sapnap placed his hand on Dream's shoulder reassuringly, "Trust me, you're not gonna get rid of me that easily."

"CLEAR!"

Sapnap opened his eyes, he was in the fire station, laid out on the sofa.

Completely disoriented, he looked around only to meet eyes with George. He was crouched down, applying some type of ointment to Sapnap's red, bloody knuckles. Sapnap winced at the stinging feeling from the ointment.

"Go back to sleep, Sap." George said, softly, when he realized Sapnap woke up.

"What's going on?" Sapnap asked, trying to sit up, but George nudged him to lay back down.

George tilted his head, "You really don't remember?" He grabbed some bandages and began wrapping it around Sapnap's hands.

Sapnap shook his head as he watched him treat his injuries.

"You and Punz got into a fight."

"What about?"

"Well at first it was about who was a better firefighter and then it switched to name calling. Bad calmed you guys down a bit but then Punz called me a twig. Then you just punched him right in the nose." He smiled, "After all the fucked up things he called you, him calling me a twig was your breaking point." George laughed lightheartedly, as he finished wrapping the bandages around Sapnap's knuckles.