Accident Part 1

WARNING: ANGST and cuss words (1 to be exact)

"Where the hell is he?" Dream asked aloud, texting Sapnap for the 100th time. 

"I don't know let's just wait a little longer." George said in a quiet voice.

"He knew we were recording today. He never does this." Dream folds his arms.

There was a pause.

"He could've at least let us know... you know?!" Dream was getting more and more annoyed seeing Sapnap's name offline on his computer. 

"Maybe something came up." George mumbles.

"Well then why didn't he say anything then?" Dream exclaimed looking at George through his computer screen. 

George shrugs his shoulders, sighs and looks at his phone, they've been waiting for about an hour for Sapnap to join the call. He was actually starting to get worried, Sapnap sometimes joins a little late with a classic "Sorry guys I had to get a snack." or "Haha forgot we were recording today." or "I had to use the bathroom", but he was never this late.

This time felt different.

Unlike George, Dream was getting irritated. The fact that Sapnap didn't even bother to text them that he'll be late was aggravating. Yes, the three of them lived very busy lives but whenever something comes up they always make sure to tell each other. Dream picks up his phone and taps on Sapnap's contact.

"Screw this I'm going to call him and if he doesn't pick up we're gonna start without him."

He took George's silence as an agreement and put Sapnap on speaker so George could hear too.

Riiiiiiing

Riiiiiiing

Riiiiiiing 

Dream's blood boiled as he looked at the screen but as his thumb lowered for the hang up button Sapnap picked up.

"Dream?" A tired and raspy voice comes through the phone.

"Sapnap?! What the fuck man we've been waiting for you for god knows how long and-"

"..D...Dream..." This made Dream stop. Sapnap sounded weak, not like when he was tired or if his tummy hurt, Dream could tell something was off.

"Sapnap what's wrong?" Dream asked in a more soft tone. He was starting to get worried it was alarming hearing his best friend sound like that. He glanced at George who looked just as confused and concerned.

"Dream I- I don't know what happened... I'm sorry... I'm sorry. I was driving home as quick as I could. There was a truck, I don't think he saw me and man I don't know I couldn't do anything it all happened so fast." In between his words he would pause as if he were trying to catch his breath.

"No, no Sapnap it's okay don't apologize." Dream shook his head immediately feeling guilty for being so angry.

Before Dream could say anything else George started talking, "Are you okay? Where are you now?"

"George? It's so dark, I think my car flipped over. I can't- I can't move... It hurts when I try to move. I feel kinda sleepy..." His voice slightly fading. 

"NO Sapnap don't go to sleep, whatever you do just stay awake." Dream urged. 

"I know, I know..." Sapnap mumbled.

They had no idea what to do. Sapnap was thousands of miles away and neither Dream nor George had any contact with Sapnap's family or emergency services in Texas.

Dream closed his eyes and asked, "Sapnap did you call 911 or do you know if anyone called 911?"

"I think someone who... saw what happened called." He was struggling with his words.

Dream got a text from George, "We need to keep him awake. Try to make him talk more." Dream made eye contact with George and nodded.

George starts off "Where were you coming from?"

"I was- I was coming from school..." Sapnap coughed out.

"Anything happened today?" Dream couldn't think of anything else to say he was trying to sound calm so Sapnap wouldn't worry.

"Not really, the whole day I was just looking forward to coming home... So we could record your video." Sapnap whispered breathlessly.

"Well everything's going to be okay, Sapnap. An ambulance is coming right now, just hang in there." Dream reassures.

Sapnap lets out a big sigh, "I wish I could've met you guys... like in real life." His voice was extremely shaky as if he were trying to hold in a sob.

Dream felt a stab in the gut hearing that. The fact that he knew Sapnap for so many years yet never actually met him in real life was always sad to think about. But the possibility of never meeting Sapnap was a tragic thought.

Dream couldn't even say anything, the fear that one of his best friends could die overtook him, luckily George was able to say something.

"Hey don't talk like that. We'll get to meet up, Sap."

Dream collected himself and reassured him, "Yeah we'll all go to my house, watch a movie, end up falling asleep and cuddle together like you said."

Sapnap chuckled, "Yeah, that would be kinda POG champ." 

George sadly smiled at Sapnap's comment and looked over at Dream who was noticeably worried. In moments like these George reminds himself that he is the oldest of the three, which means no matter how concerned he is, he needs to be there for the both of them.

Soon enough sirens were heard through the phone.

"See Sap? They're already there, everything is going to be fine." George comforted.

There was no response.

"Sapnap?" Dream called.

The silence from the phone was excruciatingly deafening.

***

A/N: 

Man this is my first time writing about the dream team and the first thing I come up is sad stuff lol sorry. Also sorry if there's any incorrect grammar, run on sentences or whatever, I literally just came up with this and it's like 2 am so forgive me. 

Until next time!

- G