Accident Part 2

DISCLAIMER: I'm not in any way knowledgeable in the medical world so if what I say/describe is incorrect then please forgive me!

"Man what the hell is this traffic right now?!" Sapnap said to himself.

He glanced over at his car's clock, he only had 20 more minutes to get home and he wasn't even close to his house.

"Dream is going to kill me!" He exclaimed, gripping his steering wheel.

He was in the slow lane of the highway behind a truck who was going like 40 mph. Sapnap sighed in frustration and switched lanes. When he glanced in the truck's side mirror he saw that the driver was on his phone, rolling his eyes Sapnap sped up to pass him.

The truck almost immediately switched into his lane, Sapnap couldn't even react. All he could do was watch the truck crash into his car in horror. 

The next thing Sapnap saw was darkness, broken glass everywhere, his head throbbing and the feeling of numbness all over his body. He tried to move but felt an agonizing pain in his abdomen area stopped him. He looked down to see a piece of debris puncturing his stomach, seeing that made him feel terribly lightheaded and nauseous.

Sapnap closed his eyes shut and prayed for the pain to go away. Or no... maybe this was it... maybe-

Riiiiiiing

His eyes shot open. Sapnap searched where the noise was coming from, Dream's name on his phone screen brightened up his car but his phone was too far away to reach.

Riiiiiiing

"Oh my god! What happened? Someone call 911!" Sapnap heard a voice yell outside of his car. But all that he could focus on was using every ounce of strength left in his body to reach his phone. He groaned as he was almost touching it.

Riiiiiiing

Just barely extending his fingers enough, he grabbed his phone. Sapnap shakily hit the answer button.

"Dream?" Sapnap struggled to get out.

***

Thankfully one of the EMTs on the scene of the accident had noticed Sapnap's phone still on the call with Dream, so he was able to tell Dream and George that Sapnap had just fallen unconscious and which hospital Sapnap would be taken to. They both took the first available flight to Texas that night.

George was still on the way over, dealing with layovers and multiple flights just to get there. Meanwhile Dream landed in Texas about 2 hours ago but had to wait in the hospital lobby, unable to visit Sapnap yet.

However, Dream got updates from the nurses about how Sapnap was doing. He has a concussion, broken ribs and a severe wound to his abdomen. His best friend got out of surgery a few hours ago but hasn't even woken up since their phone call which made Dream extremely anxious.

Dream's leg bounced up and down.

"He's going to be fine... You know that right?" George assured over the phone.

"We don't know that." Before George could even try to respond Dream added, "The worst part is he was rushing home because he knew I would be mad if he was late. If you think about it this is all my-"

"Don't even finish that sentence. You didn't know this would happen." George refuted.

"But the way I yelled at him over the phone while he was probably in so much pain... I can't get it out of my head." Dream's eyes were completely shut, gripping his phone firmly against his ear.