Scorching Flames Part 3

Chapter Disclaimers:

Hospitals, memory loss, real names mentioned, kind of a longer chapter than usual, some cursing.

*I have little to no medical/firefighter knowledge so I apologize in advance if there are any inaccuracies*

The first thing Sapnap could comprehend when he woke up was the monotonous beeping sounds. Then he heard a door shutting which made Sapnap wince with how loud it was to him.

He didn't know where he was or why he was there, but because every little noise around him was amplified to the max and the light in the room was too bright, he just wanted to go back to sleep.

"Hey Sapnap, can you hear me?" It was Dream's voice. Dream's here?

Sapnap turned his head to the sound of Dream's voice. He was sitting up in his chair next to the bed, his dirty blond hair was messy, and his green eyes were all puffy and watery.

"Dream?" Sapnap was surprised by his own voice because of how rough it sounded.

The repetitive beeping noises gradually beeped at a faster rate and Dream seemed to be saying something, but his voice sounded muffled because of how loud the beeping was. Frustrated, Sapnap attempted to sit up because he felt uncomfortable laying down until Dream stood up and shook his head at him.

Sapnap tilted his head at Dream, why couldn't he sit up?

"Try and calm down, Sap. It's okay, you're okay now." Dream soothingly said.

Sapnap furrowed his brow, clearly still disoriented but he listened to Dream and tried to relax. Sapnap closed his eyes and focused on his breathing, when he felt calm enough and when the beeping went back to a normal, steady pace, he opened his eyes.

"What happened? Where are we?" Sapnap asked, still trying to remain calm.

Dream looked at him with a concerned look, "You don't remember?" He asked.

Sapnap turned his head to the ceiling and stared at it as if it could give him answers.

Remember... Remember what?

"Sap, there was a fire and you got hurt really badly. We're in the hospital now." Dream explained.

Sapnap shook his head, "No, no- I- How?" he stuttered out.

Before Dream could tell Sapnap to calm down again, Sapnap quickly realized George wasn't in the room.

"Where's George? Is he okay? Did he get hurt too?"

Dream frowned, Sapnap really didn't remember anything that happened. And even though he's the one laying in the hospital bed he was worrying about anyone but himself.

"George is fine, he had to get the nurse because-"

"-and I tried to push the button but it didn't seem to work." George's voice was heard as the door opened. He was followed by a nurse who walked over to the bed.

"Hello, how are you feeling?" The nurse asked.

Sapnap hesitated before answering, "Numb and uncomfortable. Can I sit up?"

"Numbness is a normal feeling to have after surgery. And yes, here is the remote that controls your bed elevation, however I must warn you, you might feel some soreness." She said handing Sapnap a small remote.

Sapnap nodded and lifted the upper half of the bed by clicking a button on the remote. When he was satisfied with the elevation, he let out a shaky breath, "Thank you."