Scars Part 6

Disclaimer: Emotional abuse, lots of flashbacks

"And finally what you've all been waiting for... THE DREAM TEAM!!!!" A voice boomed through the speakers.

The trio's hearts were racing, all three of them standing shoulder to shoulder backstage, gripping their wireless microphones in their hands.

The crowd was going wild, chanting their names with excitement.

Dream steps forward and looks back at George and Sapnap, "You guys ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." George says with a hint of nervousness in his voice.

Sapnap didn't say anything, just gave a smile and nod.

"Alright let's do this." Dream said as the three of them walked onto the stage.

***

"Hello?"

"You finally decide to answer the phone. I was worried sick about you." His mom's voice booms through the phone.

Worried? She was worried? Sapnap shook it off.

"I'm-" He was about to apologize, he has nothing to be sorry about.

"I'm pretty sure you know already, I'm moving in with Clay. I'm not coming back."

"What? Nick but I need you, I love you this is all just a misunderstanding. Whatever's wrong we can fix it."

What? His mom needed him? She loves him? Did she mean it?

Sapnap's heart felt heavy and his chest felt tight with guilt and confusion.

"But all these years, all of the hurtful things you said to me... If you really loved me why would you say those things to me?!" Sapnap's voice was starting to crack in frustration.

"You know the divorce took a toll on your father and I. We never ever meant to hurt you, so you should come back and-" His mom rambled until she was interrupted by Sapnap.

"Enough with the excuses. Are you even sorry? For any of it?" Sapnap snapped.

There was nothing but silence on the other end of the line.

"That's what I thought... Gotta go. Stop trying to contact me." Sapnap breathed out.

"No Nick wait! I can explain-" Sapnap hung up on her.

He sat on his bed still staring at his phone, what just happened?

"Sapnap?" Dream knocked on Sapnap's door.

***

The spotlight blinded Sapnap as he sat on one of the stools on stage and all he could hear was a white noise. He gripped his microphone in his hand as he watched the audience be in shock and happiness seeing all three of them there, especially Dream since it was his face reveal.

He feels a hand on his shoulder, it's George.

"You wanna say anything Sap?" George says into the microphone. Sapnap could tell he was worried about him, this immediately made Sapnap feel guilty. 

Pull it together.

"Yeah, hi everyone! Can't wait to meet you all and isn't Dream hot?!" He said with a smirk looking over at Dream.

A bunch of yeses and agreements were heard from the audience.

A tinge of pink painted Dream's face, "What the hell Sapnap?"