A Bad Dream

Summary: Sapnap has a nightmare about losing Dream. (Sapnap and Dream Centric)

Disclaimer: Cursing, nightmare, derealization, panic attacks, repetitive words/phrases.

"Sapnap!" Dream's voice called out.

"Dream?" Sapnap responded.

Sapnap didn't know where Dream was. He didn't recognize his surroundings but wherever it was gave him the creeps. It was a house that seemed to be in ruins, vines overgrown along the walls, floorboards broken, and it was dark.

Way too dark.

"Dream where are you?" His voice echoed through the house.

Sapnap frowned when no response was given.

"This isn't funny." He called out again, he cursed at how shaky his voice sounded.

Dream must be cracking up at how scared he was.

Sapnap continued to wander around the house until he found a hallway that led to a room, light shining through the door.

"Dream?" He called out.

"Sapnap." Dream's voice whispered through the door.

Sapnap felt relief run through his body.

"There you are." Sapnap walked toward the door, with a smile.

As Sapnap walked, he noticed the door was moving further and further away. His smile disappeared and his eyebrows furrowed.

Sapnap started to pick up his pace, running down the hallway but the door moved away from him just as fast.

"SAPNAP!" Dream was screaming now.

Sapnap was taken aback by Dream's sudden yelling and started to sprint to the door.

"DREAM! I'M COMING!" Sapnap yelled back.

He felt his own tears and sweat drip down his face as he ran and ran hearing his best friend's screams from the door.

But the door kept getting further and further away. It was no use.

Sapnap had to stop to catch his breath, he collapsed on the hallway floor. He stared up at the ceiling, trying to regain the energy to chase that damned door. When Sapnap started to stand back up again he noticed something.

Dream's screams had suddenly stopped.

"Dream?!" Sapnap called out.

No response.

Sapnap jumped up and ran up to the door.

The door stood still at the end of the hallway.

Sapnap grabbed the knob and turned it.

"DREAM!" Sapnap cried out as he opened the door.

There was nothing beyond the door.

Just darkness.

Dream was gone.

Sapnap eyes shot open.

His body trembled.

His eyes were filled with tears that were already spilling out.

Sweat trickled down his face.

Sapnap tried to catch his breath but only started hyperventilating.