Part 27-- Audacity

Tessa

John looks kind of on edge during trig. For a while I thought that he had to pee or something, but I'd assume that John would take this time when halls are usually empty to go to the bathroom with practically ensured safety. That being said, John is audacious enough to saunter around anywhere, and his safety is not my problem.

As one can imagine, I didn't pay much attention in any classes that day. 

When I return to my apartment, I text both Isen and John.

John

Me: hey man do ya wanna hang out sometime

Isen <3

Me: henlo love wanna go on a date

Wow, those texts have wildly different tones, I think and laugh lightly to myself as I munch on a sandwich. 

Wait, would it piss Isen off if I spent time one on one with John? Like is that something that would upset him?

My phone vibrates next to me and I'm torn from my thoughts as I check my phone and see that Arlo has texted me.

Arlo: get outside we're doing turf wars i'm outside your apartment

Alright then. 

I get up and leave my apartment.

Arlo drives me to the parking lot of a mall I've never been to, where Wellston kids and a mass of kids all wearing jeans are standing facing each other. Arlo and I approach the Wellston group, and the turf war begins.

"Who's first?", a girl with long gray hair asks as she steps forward.

The Wellston assemblage all look at me, and it takes an embarrassing amount of time for me to realize that I am going first.

"Oh, right," I nod and step forward. The girl activates her ability and smirks as huge gray spider legs rush out from her back. At me.

I activate my ability, and make the illusion that I've thrown a burst of red energy at my opponent as I force her unconscious and she falls to the ground. The girl's teammates rush over to her as I return to the Wellston cluster.

"Well done," Arlo complements.

The turf war continues, and when it's Arlo's turn, I get a weird feeling in my gut. Something is just off. 

I see the gray haired girl smirks and looks directly at me, then her teammate. 

The teammate nods.

*Swear*.

Arlo looks quite cocky as he defeats his opponent by closing a barrier around the opponent, but he makes the mistake of turning around when I see the spider legs again. I activate my ability and knock her and the teammate to whom she nodded out. Arlo glares at me as he looks at the damage I caused. 

The turf wars end with a victory as usual (though Arlo almost got wrecked but he bought us coffee so the Wellston team shut up about it) and a salty guy who walks into the Barstucks, almost punches one of us, but I control him and make him walk out of the cafe.

John calls me that evening and vents about his life. He seems really stressed out and I would be worried about him if I had enough energy at the moment. 

"You'll get through this, man," I try to be positive. "Just get some rest."

John huffs and hangs up. Poor lad.

hey lads....i am so sorry for not uploading

im gonna start the end of this book because I dont really get much inspiration for this anymore

Thank you so much for all the reads, comments, and votes! It means so much to me and it's all because of you! I love you guys!

stay safe, wear a mask, and have a good day or dawn or dusk! <3