Part 9-- Uncomfortable

Tessa's POV

"Blyke, is something on your mind?", I asked.

"Something's wrong with John. I don't know what, but there's just something off about him. Isen told me you went to New Bostin, was something up with him there?", Blyke answered. I didn't expect one at all, just a slap and being told to f off. I had flashbacks of seeing John's destruction. He brutalized every student in our class...except me. I swallowed.

"Can we talk somewhere in private?", I requested.

"The hall is empty," Blyke gave me a weird look.

"And so is that classroom," I grabbed Blyke's hand and pulled him into a room across the hall. I quickly scanned the hallway for anyone and then closed the door.

"John is not a cripple. I'm sure you already inferred that, but I think it's good to hear it from a third party," I began.

"Yeah, we did guess that part. Do you know how powerful he is?"

"I don't know his level, but it's definitely higher than Arlo's by now. We need to keep him from using his ability, at all costs," I avoided eye contact.

"Why?", Blyke growled.

"John is incredibly unstable. He was King at New Bostin, and one day, some girl gathered all the kids in our class except me. John beat them all half to death. If John becomes King here, I'm afraid the same thing will happen."

"We have to beat him."

"In a fight? No, Blyke, you can't. We have to keep him him as a cripple. If he's 'powerless' longer, that's longer that you can still be Jack, Arlo King, and Remi the Queen. John hates the hierarchy, so if he becomes King, he will do everything in his power-- pun intended--to make sure no one will try to restore it," I explained. "I remember looking into his mind, and it was pure chaos. There was no order in his head, only unadulterated chaos."

~~~Time skip brought to you by bucky barnes meeting tessa and adopting her~~

I was walking around the school in my free period, simply meandering. I listened to music as I strolled, until I felt someone especially close to me.

Hello? Can I help you?, I thought to the person.

W-what?, they thought. A voice a bit higher then mine. Seraphina? I was mildly impressed that I was able to catch Wellston's Ace off guard.

May I inquire why you are walking so uncomfortably close to me? I caught myself before I used Seraphina's name.

"Hey, Sera!", John called behind Seraphina. Her expression changed for a split second from her normal blank one to a smile.

I'll see you around, I turned around and continued my stroll. I played around on my phone for a bit until I heard the bell ring and I went back in the school.

Western Civ was boring as all get out, but I suffered through it. I met Remi at the school gates when the day was over.

"Good Thursday?", she asked.

"Fine enough, I suppose," I shrugged.

"Wanna hang out in my dorm for a bit?"

"Apologies, but rain check? I have a lot of homework," I wasn't lying per se.

"Alright then! See ya!", Remi waved goodbye and turned away.

I waved back and started on my way home.

John's POV

"Hey Tessa!", I called.

What's up, John?, her voice came into my mind.